FAA Release NEW rules for UAS Operations

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Last edited:
So if I’m reading this right, DJI drones can’t fly anywhere until the recognized identification areas are established, Unless the drone is outfitted with a remote ID module.

Are there any DJI drones with remote ID currently? And since the US put DJI on that blacklist, they can’t source US technology to create a RemoteID module for a phantom, right?

Reactions: brigerdrones
So if I’m reading this right, DJI drones can’t fly anywhere until the recognized identification areas are established, Unless the drone is outfitted with a remote ID module.

Are there any DJI drones with remote ID currently? And since the US put DJI on that blacklist, they can’t source US technology to create a RemoteID module for a phantom, right?
Going to take a while to digest all of this but it says we have 60 days and 30 months before implementing if I'm reading it right so Yes you can fly your dji drone till then with no problems.
Was glad to see that they dropped the internet network idea

Going to take a while to digest all of this but it says we have 60 days and 30 months before implementing if I'm reading it right so Yes you can fly your dji drone till then with no problems.
Was glad to see that they dropped the internet network idea

Ahh, ok. So we essentially have 30 months to figure out how to get RID on existing phantoms if we want to fly in most places lol.

This is sounding a worry, so we on a time limit now ,,first they control us with firmware on our drones and now ID tag or module or whatever it is,,I can see many being pushed out of this hobbie,,hope they introduce a buy back scheme,,hope it not come to that,,oh well rules are rules !

^^^ I agree. I can't even take off for a fun flight in my backyard without confirming my actions.
I can't find a RID for sale for my drone. How much are they?
Will I be able to take off if I don't have one?
I see the mavic minis flying off store shelves now, literally lol

first they control us with firmware on our drones and now ID tag or module
Relax .. The FAA does not control you and they don't have anything to do with firmware.
The FAA is a US statutory body and their powers don't extend to your part of the world.

Relax oh I'm just fine lol but wont take long for our CAA to implement it to follow suit,,
Its probably a good thing if it keeps us safe as long as they set it up to work
Yip I know they dont do firmware but dji does and would not be hard for them to introduce stuff into app which could strongly affect those that run new firmware like myself

Reactions: MTO
If I read the new rules correctly, they say we shall have 60 days and 30 months from now before we shall have to fly with prop guards of some sort on our ACs, so that if we crash into a human, s/he won't be lacerated. Am I right?

Depressing. Maybe i should leave the hobby.
Yep, I'm over it.
I kept one P3A and not much invested in it. I've been through all the years and even the P1 when you had to wait for the lights to stop flashing for satellites and a fixed wi fi camera
I didn't even renew my registration last month
I'm an outlaw now lol

Reactions: quadrotor and MTO
Yeh some stuff going on alright,seem to be down hard on the ID thing,,the more I read the worse it gets,,,,why cant they just use IP device address to ID, or existing GPS,,,,drones are clever nowadays and more than capable of doing this instead of fiitng extra module probably at our cost,,,,,I wonder what happens ,police come running or drone wont go or ?
Screenshot_20201229-185337_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201229-185901_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201229-185653_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201229-185653_Chrome.jpg

I think that once the Remote ID goes into effect that the FAA is going to relax quite a bit on the drone laws as they will have much more control.
This really could be a game changer that will offer more freedom to drone pilots in the end.

Just hoping they make the ID chip very very light that I can press on somewhere , and it better be water proof. :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain.

Reactions: Capt KO
My request during the opinion period, was to be transferable. I have several so could get very expensive.
Prop guards on all? Glad I kept a set for my Phantoms. It's a killer apparently.
Agree, it has to be waterproof. Will be interesting to see how many models become available. Bluetooth makes no sense. WiFi maybe.
Happy New Year

My request during the opinion period, was to be transferable. I have several so could get very expensive.
Prop guards on all? Glad I kept a set for my Phantoms. It's a killer apparently.
Agree, it has to be waterproof. Will be interesting to see how many models become available. Bluetooth makes no sense. WiFi maybe.
Happy New Year

That prop guard thing i never saw coming and I am not sure how that is even going to work out . UGH !
If the drone goes down its because the Prop went dead, so now your going to have a heavier object fall on your face thanks to the Prop Guards, this is just a little strange that one,
But as you say its a killer apparently. lol

Just got a monster drone from Gannet that does not have prop guards available, yet. They're concerned about the operation with guards attached but I'm sure they will come up with something, I hope. Probably be some 3D ideas coming up eventually.

When news like this makes it way to the Stock, u know its real.

Screenshot 12-29-2020 10.01.29.jpg

Its not even a bounce play yet. lol

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.