FAA ~ Recreational Drone Flying Aeronautical Test Moves Forward

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Just announced by the FAA a few moments ago:

Recreational Drone Flying Aeronautical Test Moves Forward
WASHINGTON – To advance public safety of the largest segment of drone operations, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) today announced the organizations selected to advise the agency in developing test administration requirements for the recreational Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) aeronautical knowledge and safety test. (Follow link below for the FULL story and Details)

Based on their responses to the RFI, the organizations below were selected to advise the agency in developing the test administration process.
  • Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
  • Drone Launch Academy Southeastern University
  • Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC)
  • DJI
  • Horizon Hobby, LLC.
  • Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Coach
  • King Schools
  • Unmanned Safety Institute
  • First Person View (FPV) Freedom Coalition
  • Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
  • Academy of Model Aeronautics
  • Drone Racing League
Interesting list. Not just for who’s on it but who is not on it.

I believe this is a rule, or law, that will work. I think it's overdue and something needed to give the FAA more teeth going after violators. They're going to be busy with all these uninformed new pilots. Fly legal fly safe ??
Saw this thread after posting on the other identical one.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Next will be a license......for a hobby!!!! I also fly winged aircraft also wonder when I will have to obtain a pilots license for that?

Reactions: drvrbobob
Next will be a license......for a hobby!!!! I also fly winged aircraft also wonder when I will have to obtain a pilots license for that?

Probably as soon as the test is finalized and made available to the public. I'd guess late 2020 or so. Keep in mind that sUAS include our MultiRotors as well as R/C planes and R/C Helicopters. This isn't a Multirotor only regulation.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Just another way for the government to license all UAV's/ crafts , and make $$$. Some think this is good thing, others hate it.

Just another way for the government to license all UAV's/ crafts , and make $$$. Some think this is good thing, others hate it.
Some might hate it but better get over it as it’s coming. ;)

We have less rights than when we were under British Law. I now know why people climbed aboard rickety wooden ships to cross a dangerous ocean. Freedom. When you finally have all the laws to make this a perfect world it will be against the law to breath without permission from your government. I do approve a law against twigs because you could poke somebody's eye out.
“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.”― William Pitt the Younger
1544745-John-Nance-Garner-Quote-The-trouble-today-is-that-we-have-too-many.jpg

Last edited:
Just more laws passed by unelected bureaucrats. I thought only Congress could make laws.

Ummmm that's exactly who mandated that the FAA do all of this. This comes from the top down.

Reactions: dirkclod
Now we’re changing the main topic into something political
and we don’t want to do that do we.
I think we shall stay on the topic of the test and that’s it.:)

You beat me crafting my post skymonkey but it still stands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers