FAA Drone registration site up and running

tcg

Reaction score
Just registered on FAA.GOV Took about 10 minutes. Didn't ask for any type of description, serial number. Just told me the rules/guidelines and wanted name, phone and address.

Had to create an FAA.GOV login (that took the longest since I had to check my email and click "verify")

Since I'm just a hobbyist/recreational operator I was very pleased with the simplicity of this process. I printed out my FAA certificate and I'll probably keep that in my Phantom case to be ready if I need it (you can also just show the electronic email of your certificate if law enforcement asks).

Happy flying!

Tom (tcg)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Made some PTouch labels for the side and inside the battery box. That way if I sell it, it is an easy to remove situation,

Reactions: Texray and ryantrax
Paid my FAA extortion fee. Number will go under the bird. what ever right, its a lot to do about nothing, malicious flyers wont be registered nor will be the craft they fly.

Reactions: Bigsekcee
I wouldnt engrave it on the bird. Use a label maker or just carry the card. If you sell it you just remove the label.

Anyone did the PAPER registration yet? (If You plan to take Your drone out of the country). Can I take my drone out of the country if I registered online? Can I update later?

Got to where it said sending verification email and never got it guess I can't register it until I get it

There's little room inside my P3P battery compartment for a sticker (and there is no door), is there a general consensus that marking the batteries would suffice?

Besides marking the drone and ruining it's resale value, marking the drone isn't truly the spirit of the FAA regulations, it's tractability. There is no accountability for a specific drone model number, serial number, or even number of drones you own, so it seems to me that marking the battery (obviously present in the event of a crash), would suffice.

Yea, I'm getting very legalistic here, but I'm just curious about the general consensus.

There's little room inside my P3P battery compartment for a sticker (and there is no door), is there a general consensus that marking the batteries would suffice?

Besides marking the drone and ruining it's resale value, marking the drone isn't truly the spirit of the FAA regulations, it's tractability. There is no accountability for a specific drone model number, serial number, or even number of drones you own, so it seems to me that marking the battery (obviously present in the event of a crash), would suffice.

Yea, I'm getting very legalistic here, but I'm just curious about the general consensus.
Mark the far back wall of the battery compartment.

I registered. Been having some curious neighbors lately. Don't need a cop to show up while flying, just don't need the hassle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl