FAA Drone question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and it's a separate section of the legislation dealing with emergency services. I was NOT making stuff up as I was accused.

Oh now you really are in full dissemble mode. Your claim about there being separate legislation covering emergency operations was in response to my point that search and rescue cannot be done under Part 101. This part of the reauthorization act has nothing to do with that, as I pointed out - it's merely addressing a mechanism for Part 107 pilots to get waivers quickly. There is no legislation that addresses the required qualifications for emergency operations. So yes - you are making stuff up and you have clearly demonstrated that, firstly, you have no clue what you are talking about and, secondly, that you would much rather drag this discussion into the weeds than accept that you are ignorant of the rules. I suggest that you stop, because you are doing the community as a whole a disservice by posting intentionally confusing nonsense.

Reactions: umanbean
Oh now you really are in full dissemble mode. Your claim about there being separate legislation covering emergency operations was in response to my point that search and rescue cannot be done under Part 101. This part of the reauthorization act has nothing to do with that, as I pointed out - it's merely addressing a mechanism for Part 107 pilots to get waivers quickly. There is no legislation that addresses the required qualifications for emergency operations. So yes - you are making stuff up and you have clearly demonstrated that, firstly, you have no clue what you are talking about and, secondly, that you would much rather drag this discussion into the weeds than accept that you are ignorant of the rules. I suggest that you stop, because you are doing the community as a whole a disservice by posting intentionally confusing nonsense.

Wrong, my reference to search and rescue was in response to a comment by Big Al07 which I quoted in my response. I pointed to the specific section of the legislation that deals with emergency services. Please try to pay attention before you accuse me of doing a disserves to the whole community.

Wrong, my reference to search and rescue was in response to a comment by Big Al07 which I quoted in my response. I pointed to the specific section of the legislation that deals with emergency services. Please try to pay attention before you accuse me of doing a disserves to the whole community.
For me, this discussion has moved from information to entertainment. :D
Y'all keep it up... I'm working outside ATM, but need a good chuckle when taking breaks.

Irrelevant - he was making the same point that I was. You wrote:

As far as search and rescue is concerned, there is a separate category of the legislation that deals with the use of a drone for emergency services that falls outside the realm of recreational use.

There is no separate category. There is only a another available mechanism to get waivers. It doesn't change the non-commercial volunteer nature of the activity and it doesn't change the fact that search and rescue is a representative example.

At this point you are clearly not even trying to have a reasoned discussion - you are just attempting to bait the argument, which is quite pathetic. It's certainly not my job to convince you and I don't have any interest in continuing this further, so I'm adding you to my ignore list. Call the FSDO.

Reactions: umanbean
It appears that this one has gone round the mulberry bush more than enough times and everyone has had a chance to express their understanding and/or opinions.
As is common when this topic comes up, we've come to a point where nothing new is being added and things have gone off the rails and there's nothing to be gained by letting it run further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor