F550 with DJI Ground station and mini iOSD problems

Reaction score
Ok, I am trying to learn how to program my own stuff as I have always had Brian or Eric do it for me, local friends.

I have a DJI F550 drone. Has Naza M V2, E300 ESC's, T-Motor770KV motors w/ APC 10x4.7 props running on 4S.I have it hooked up to a JR 921 Rx, have retractable landing gear. I have it hovering and the GPS, Atti, and Failsafe with working as well as the IOC switch. Also have the retracts working.

I have a Tarot 2T gimbal for my GoPro H3 BE on a separate 3S lipo. I just got a iOSD mini and a DJI 2.4 Ground Station w/ BT for my iPad.

The problem I am having is I can't get the drivers to download on my Windows XP laptop. I have the iPad with the app and I can connect to the something, not sure. But I am not sure how to update the 2.4 Datalink or the iOSD.

I wish they would support Mac. My Mac is way faster that this turd XP!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Eugene

Attachments

• IMG_2196.JPG
    IMG_2196.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 453
  • IMG_2197.JPG
    IMG_2197.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,082
  • IMG_1849.JPG
    IMG_1849.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 633
Ok, I am trying to learn how to program my own stuff as I have always had Brian or Eric do it for me, local friends.

I have a DJI F550 drone. Has Naza M V2, E300 ESC's, T-Motor770KV motors w/ APC 10x4.7 props running on 4S.I have it hooked up to a JR 921 Rx, have retractable landing gear. I have it hovering and the GPS, Atti, and Failsafe with working as well as the IOC switch. Also have the retracts working.

I have a Tarot 2T gimbal for my GoPro H3 BE on a separate 3S lipo. I just got a iOSD mini and a DJI 2.4 Ground Station w/ BT for my iPad.

The problem I am having is I can't get the drivers to download on my Windows XP laptop. I have the iPad with the app and I can connect to the something, not sure. But I am not sure how to update the 2.4 Datalink or the iOSD.

I wish they would support Mac. My Mac is way faster that this turd XP!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Eugene

Eugene

I have a DJI F450, similar setup as you, I also use a MAC, I use the Nazam Assistant, but I cannot upgrade the IOSD or the Ground Station, it does not appear in the Nazam Assistant window. The main controller, GPS and Bluetooth are there and are up to date. I contacted DJI and the reply I had was a complete wast of time.

If I ever find out how to do it I will contact you.

Brian

Thanks Brian. My local guy is on the drone racing circuit having the time of his life, and well deserved. He usually helps me but has been on tour since the drone racing took off earlier this year (Brian Morris AKA- BrianDrain_dx).

I got back into this hobby back in Feb, have 6 heli's and my f550. Haven't got to fly any of them because I am not good with the programming, knowing what gains to use, etc...

SO I may be looking to sell off everything and take a loss now.

Thanks Brian. My local guy is on the drone racing circuit having the time of his life, and well deserved. He usually helps me but has been on tour since the drone racing took off earlier this year (Brian Morris AKA- BrianDrain_dx).

I got back into this hobby back in Feb, have 6 heli's and my f550. Haven't got to fly any of them because I am not good with the programming, knowing what gains to use, etc...

SO I may be looking to sell off everything and take a loss now.
So is it that the F550 won't fly at all? When I added the extra weight I had a terrible wobble, I altered the gains via the Nazam Assistant (connected to the LED Module) via a USB cable. Have you connected your F550 at all to you MAC?

Brian

I have it hovering about 15 ft. It does hook up to my Mac just fine. I am just trying to figure out how to get the video down to my iPad through the ground station and all the data on screen.

The ground station does not transmit video, its for waypoint and autonomous flying using the iPad. You need video feed off your camera to a transmitter. Then something like a BlackPerl monitor/receiver. DJI lightbridge is the product needed to transmit video direct to an iPad. Hope this helps. Where do you live

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well someone told me it would. I guess I need to buy another monitor. That sucks I have to have 2 monitors.

I live in Wichita, Ks.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Well you will only need the iPad if you are going to Waypoint fly. And then you only need another transmitter and monitor if you want to FPV

The transmitter is easy to wire, I have a small 3 cell lipo running mine. But check the voltage it needs. I live in the U.K. Everything here is much more expensive than the US

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.