External power phantom 4 pro

Reaction score
Hello.
This is my first post.
I want to ask if there is a solution to external power phantom 4 pro when I change battery, because I don't want to interrupt the log of the raw gps data during the flights.
Is there a way to do that?
Thank you

Welcome and strange question,,NO,,is there a reason for this,,um it creates new file each time its flown

Hello.
This is my first post.
I want to ask if there is a solution to external power phantom 4 pro when I change battery, because I don't want to interrupt the log of the raw gps data during the flights.
Is there a way to do that?
Thank you
Also welcome...

No doubt this might be possible with some clever hacking, both electronically and cable-wise - but you would probably have a multitude of possibly insurmountable problems to try to solve -

For example, how is the electronics going to handle the fact that the battery voltage goes instantly from almost run out to 'But wait! ...Wahay - we're off again!'

Yes, all sorts of problems, I fear - and like ianzone, I really do have to ask 'But why?'... :)

Yes, all sorts of problems, I fear - and like ianzone, I really do have to ask 'But why?'... :)
[/QUOTE]
Because I use it for mapping with a kit with an upgraded Gps and a camera control system and when I make more than one flights I don't want to interrupt gps data

Because I use it for mapping with a kit with an upgraded Gps and a camera control system and when I make more than one flights I don't want to interrupt gps data
When you change batteries and interrupt the GPS data, what effect does that have?
Is there a good reason to avoid it?

[/QUOTE]
Impossible unless phantom drone can combine and run together 2 batterys like 24volt truck,to many issues to work around,mayby look at something like a tethed drone which has longer flight times but does cost,,,only thing I've heard of that has it's own power is the sequela multispectral thingy,
Sorry for the why but that's a new question and curious and I just know not much :rolleyes:
I know p3 they can have bypass plug for power but dont think p4 has invented one but take picture if you do

Hi
Impossible unless phantom drone can combine and run together 2 batterys like 24volt truck,to many issues to work around,mayby look at something like a tethed drone which has longer flight times but does cost,,,only thing I've heard of that has it's own power is the sequela multispectral thingy,
Sorry for the why but that's a new question and curious and I just know not much :rolleyes:
I know p3 they can have bypass plug for power but dont think p4 has invented one but take picture if you do
[/QUOTE]
yes there is. A way to get power
You will need to get it off the gimbal circuit board using a pass-thru surface connector .
Contacts on circuit board are too small to solder

Hi

yes there is. A way to get power
You will need to get it off the gimbal circuit board using a pass-thru surface connector .
Contacts on circuit board are too small to solder
[/QUOTE]
I’m actually experimenting on getting power elsewhere. I too do mapping and know exactly why you need to keep power on drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20