Extending the wifi range of the FC40 camera

I can report that I have successfully used the TP Link WA830RE to connect to the FC40 app. Will report range from field test shortly. I'll also look to upgrade the antennas too but not sure what to use yet!
Current range from FC40 to Samsung S3 - 500m - 550m - Estimated using Google Earth

Reactions: Kenneth Sands
I bought the same TP LINK WIFI Extender and with iPhone 6 Plus am getting 500M-530M range before I lose connection with the FC40 Camera.
Really easy to set up but you'll need an
XT60 to 5.4mm DC Jack connector to run the Extender from a spare Phantom Battery.
Available on HobbyKing or eBay.

I can't recall but example flying an rc and wifi extender at the same freq of 2.4ghz. I'm concerned with using both at the same time fearing a fly away do to interference. Have you ever had and problems with that?

I can't recall but example flying an rc and wifi extender at the same freq of 2.4ghz. I'm concerned with using both at the same time fearing a fly away do to interference. Have you ever had and problems with that?

FC40 uses 5.8GHz for flight control and camera uses 2.4ghz for video down-link, so it isn't a problem regarding interference!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1