Experts Needed - Bought a crashed P4P Obsidian

Sorry for the delay. I leave my Obsidian P4P at the office. Here is an original one. The motors are black, the hull isn't as dark and the camera area is a different type of gray.
View attachment 111907View attachment 111908
UPDATE: So i contacted Cloud city drone and they said that i have a limited edition phantom 4 black model not the obsidian. Good news right .... Well the body parts are twice as expensive there is the bad news.

UPDATE: So i contacted Cloud city drone and they said that i have a limited edition phantom 4 black model not the obsidian. Good news right .... Well the body parts are twice as expensive there is the bad news.
Why not tell them to just use the normal white parts? They should fit perfectly and work. Save money. I have never heard of this limited edition Phantom 4 black.

Edit: I just googled it. Apparently it does exist. Still stand on using normal parts.

Why not tell them to just use the normal white parts? They should fit perfectly and work. Save money. I have never heard of this limited edition Phantom 4 black.

Edit: I just googled it. Apparently it does exist. Still stand on using normal parts.
I am everything inside is the same internally, just the color is the only difference. I know mine looked professionally painted and the remote and the batteries are black also.

Last edited:
I am everything inside the same internally just the color is the only difference. I know mine looked professionally painted. and the remote and the batteries are black also.
Wow I did myself forget about this limited edition,,sorry for any in corect info but now we know what it is,,yes I do remember these were expensive and still are,,not seem to hear of these much anymore,you have a good drone

Reactions: mreidiv
Thanks but i enjoy working on them myself.
Nice,,yes found one ,still has the silver motors unlike obsedian
Screenshot_20190611-093735.jpg
Screenshot_20190611-093808.jpg

Reactions: Ansia
Nice,,yes found one ,still has the silver motors unlike obsedian View attachment 111912View attachment 111913
Yep that is it and it looks awesome cant wait to get mine fixed. Just got the ribbon cable in and installed it now all for led are on and working. I cant test it any further till i get the legs because it will not start with a compass missing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yep that is it and it looks awesome cant wait to get mine fixed. Just got the ribbon cable in and installed it now all for led are on and working. I cant test it any further till i get the legs because it will not start with a compass missing.
Awsome stuff mate,glad you sorting it,,Yeh I'm waiting for parts too,almost watching my Bros letterbox,lol,

Awsome stuff mate,glad you sorting it,,Yeh I'm waiting for parts too,almost watching my Bros letterbox,lol,
Out with the old in with the new. I'm done with the wires and I'm still cussing the compass connections they were a pain to hook up.

Is this normal ?

It is totally normal. Here is my P4P v2.0 starting up.

It is totally normal. Here is my P4P v2.0 starting up.

Ok thanks guys. Now all I need to do is get a new yaw motor, arm , and flex cable and hope that the gimbal and camera still work.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what size these screws are. I have one that is stripped and cant find them anywhere.

Attachments

• 20190618_221846.jpg
    20190618_221846.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 310
Does anyone know what size these screws are. I have one that is stripped and cant find them anywhere.
This just picture but came up with Google search ...I could not find 2 screws but this set has all p4 screws
Screenshot_20190619-183707.jpg

I called cloud city drones and they said that the one I need are not in that screw set and if I find them to let them know where to get them.
I may have what you need. Do you have a micrometer to get the dimensions so I can verify sizes? May not need to do that, but it would help. Three of them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.