Experts Needed - Bought a crashed P4P Obsidian

ok i got 4 lights
OK for lights mean it got good cells inside, does your charger lead just plug into that square shape charging unit,,could try another power lead there,the charger could be bad but not way really to test with opening it and using multimeter,,,or get another charger to try,,yes bit unsure on 1 solid batt light,,could leave it charging but keep eyes on it in case charger get very hot,,......forgot does the remote charge with same charger
Screenshot_20180625-212654.jpg

OK for lights mean it got good cells inside, does your charger lead just plug into that square shape charging unit,,could try another power lead there,the charger could be bad but not way really to test with opening it and using multimeter,,,or get another charger to try,,yes bit unsure on 1 solid batt light,,could leave it charging but keep eyes on it in case charger get very hot,,......forgot does the remote charge with same chargerView attachment 111841
Yes the remote charges on the same charger. I left the battery charging all night last night and nothing changed. The charger charges the other battery just fine.

Yes the remote charges on the same charger. I left the battery charging all night last night and nothing changed. The charger charges the other battery just fine.
Mayby try discharge it bit more,,will the batt power on ? Keep turning it on after it turns off automatically, stays on so many minutes,,do this few times then try charging it,,,strange one this cause you got 4 good lights showing,,not hybination or it would have started recharging by now,,,or fit it into your drone and discharge that way,,off and on so nothing get hot,,? Still thinking on this one

Mayby try discharge it bit more,,will the batt power on ? Keep turning it on after it turns off automatically, stays on so many minutes,,do this few times then try charging it,,,strange one this cause you got 4 good lights showing,,not hybination or it would have started recharging by now,,,or fit it into your drone and discharge that way,,off and on so nothing get hot,,? Still thinking on this one
Ok ty I will try that. Here is a video of what is happening.

OK I have only just manage to watch clip,,is drone able to have batt inserted and be powered on with app open,,that will say what current charge it has,,,,,,your drone should power up even if in parts but depending what still conected depends on app display but should still have onscreen voltage (I hope).myself is wery on battery's that play games,,I had 100% on launch only to go to critical just below 400ft straight up,,no control of wobble down to 72ft where it shut off in flight on me house roof (concrete tiles)bad out come so now I hate these smart battery's, mind off their own lol

OK I have only just manage to watch clip,,is drone able to have batt inserted and be powered on with app open,,that will say what current charge it has,,,,,,your drone should power up even if in parts but depending what still conected depends on app display but should still have onscreen voltage (I hope).myself is wery on battery's that play games,,I had 100% on launch only to go to critical just below 400ft straight up,,no control of wobble down to 72ft where it shut off in flight on me house roof (concrete tiles)bad out come so now I hate these smart battery's, mind off their own lol
I plugged it into the drone it will not show and battery data on the battery tab but on the man screen it keeps saying battery critically low. I put the other battery in to check it it will not pull battery data on the battery tab either but on the main page the green bar says its full.

I plugged it into the drone it will not show and battery data on the battery tab but on the man screen it keeps saying battery critically low. I put the other battery in to check it it will not pull battery data on the battery tab either but on the main page the green bar says its full.
I now have the battery so low that it will not power on the drone and now its a different issue the forth light is flashing and will not charge.

I now have the battery so low that it will not power on the drone and now its a different issue the forth light is flashing and will not charge.
OK that batt got issues,like mine that won't charge because it discharge to just over 2 volt,,day on charger only made it to 2.23 volts,,to low for charger to engage charging,,as can see with my batt there bit of stuff under the cover ,circut board and ribbon cable,,,when at this stage plug with 4 wires needs to be removed and a trickle charge like car charger can be used to get some volts back so dji charger will charge again,,,in saying this it's a dangerous process and need to be treated with care,,I did not go further with this process due to no other charger but working on it,,,if you can start looking for another batt,,or some good used ones,,,battery's not cheap and at 320 each here I plan to try fix this one since it near new ,this batt display no lights,you could pull the covers off and check for visible damage
15601109433491853219762.jpg
15601110422391333584076.jpg

OK that batt got issues,like mine that won't charge because it discharge to just over 2 volt,,day on charger only made it to 2.23 volts,,to low for charger to engage charging,,as can see with my batt there bit of stuff under the cover ,circut board and ribbon cable,,,when at this stage plug with 4 wires needs to be removed and a trickle charge like car charger can be used to get some volts back so dji charger will charge again,,,in saying this it's a dangerous process and need to be treated with care,,I did not go further with this process due to no other charger but working on it,,,if you can start looking for another batt,,or some good used ones,,,battery's not cheap and at 320 each here I plan to try fix this one since it near new ,this batt display no lights,you could pull the covers off and check for visible damageView attachment 111880View attachment 111881
Ok I tore apart the battery was going to charge it with my other charger bit I have the wrong connections. I will have to buy them later. On a side note do you know where I can get the bracket that is on the yaw motor I cant find it on the internet.

Attachments

• 20190609_154825.jpg
    20190609_154825.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 310
OK this one off ebay but there a few on there,amazon might have cheaper one,,I just got a do something so I check back soon ,I see if I can find moreView attachment 111886
Thank you i found the yaw arm all ready i need the metal bracket that is on the yaw motor in the picture above.

Attachments

• tempsnip.png
    tempsnip.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Thank you i found the yaw arm all ready i need the metal bracket that is on the yaw motor in the picture above.
OK me had quick look but unable to locate this part,,I'm doing 3 things at once so I have good look shortly and post when I find it,,yes everything but this

Reactions: mreidiv
I found out what it is called just cant find one to buy lol. (phantom 4 ribbon support bracket)
OK now we get somewhere....top pic shows for p4p,,bottom pic show p4p and p4 are compatible with this part,,,personally I would try fix other aswell,,being a panel beater I love to reshape steel
Screenshot_20190610-094621.jpg
Screenshot_20190610-095250.jpg

Sweet ty I am not sure why it did not pull up in a google search.
Yip ,me has one,,,if you can't get one let me know and I ship this out no charge,,I do have some parts but gimble broken,
1560118366721706070311.jpg

That is it. I just ordered one but thankyou. What is wrong with your gimble?
Um,,nothing,serious , snapped cam off on impact from free fall from bad battery,,was my own fault ,,to much in hurry to fly and put wrong batt in it,I knew straight away what was coming but I was already at 400ft,,100%on take off but critical voltage alert ,,it was bit up the road and manage to get it just over head before big wobbles start uncontrollable down to 72ft where the batt turned OFF,oh well at least it hit my concrete roof,shatted the tile and me p4,,bounced off on to the lawn below,gezz you should have heard the impact,,that's what tore my esc cable,,I have slowly been buying bits just to have 2 xp4s up and running,,this why me not like these batteries,,they got mind of there own..
1560121326422-465996741.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl