Experienced Serious P4A+ Malfunction

however the other thing we haven't talked about is wifi interference, maybe that also placed a part, the place I was shooting had Xfinity in the living room about 25ft away. Looking back at the images I took from out front I also noticed a metal roof on the add on back porch structure, couldn't see it from the ground. As for interference there was plenty, metal roof close by approx 5ft behind me, screened in porch with aluminum support structure, concrete dock with rebar, and boat lift on dock approx 20ft away, plus electrical on dock, kind of a perfect storm
None of the things you mention are at all likely to cause problems for flying over.
The steel roofs would be a problem if you tried to launch from up on them, same for steel girders.
But you could fly withing 3 or 4 feet of them without any issue at all.
The electronic might cause a little wifi interference that might reduce your signal strength marginally while you were close by, but disappear as you moved away.
In extreme cases it might (at worst), swamp your signal and initiate RTH.
You haven't mentioned anything that I would expect to cause any problems
I've shot many over the years without issue until the other day so I never gave it a second thought.
I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to fly there again tomorrow without any problems either.
even though my home point was established it didn't hold.
Are you certain of that?
It would be exceptionally unlikely for your home point to change unless you physically changed it.
Your flight data would confirm whether there was any change in your home point and I'm pretty sure it would show no change at all.
I thought about pursuing the problem, doing a re-calibration at a park close by and a test flight
A flight test at the park is a good idea, but there shouldn't be any need to recalibrate anything.
The drone would tell you if there was anyway.
not being able to power it down through multiple options, motors now possibly damaged due to 20 mins of high rpm's, plus the motherboard that malfunctioned on an earlier model, parts can become defective or outlive their life expectancy, not sure its worth the risk, rather be safe then sorry and spend the money on a new one then have a huge lawsuit against me in the event of a mishap. Love the product and looking at the newest one (Phantom 4 Pro+), I could use my same batteries, minus the one that overheated of course, again safety. I could use a tax deduction this year and I rather error on the side of caution.
Your drone will be just fine.
The motors last for years without maintenance and are made to run fast.
That's what they do in a normal flight.
Your battery is probably fine too.
It's normal for them to be hot when the drone is flying fast.

Try switching the drone on and off, using the same battery from that day and see if it's OK when you aren't distracted by everything that was going on then.
Then go to the park and do a little test flying.

But first, it would probably be good for your confidence to have someone look at that flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a summary report of the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you and I'll analyse it and come back and show you what it says.

If the fan on the outside unit of your AC stopped, it is most likely the start up capacitor. Cheap fix if you do it yourself. Turn off power and disconnect the 2 wires on the capacitor. Summer heat is hard on it.

Don't wait till then.
Do a trial flight, initiate RTH and then flick the flight mode switch out of P-GPS and back to see how it's the quickest way to cancel any automated flight mode.

That's hard to answer without knowing what was the cause of the compass warning message.
How close to the concrete was the drone at the time?
You could post your flight data and it might give me more information.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
How do the Key deer react to your Phantom? Any good pictures of large fish in the waters? I use to live in Florida and have been to the Keys many times.
Checked out your aerial images, very nice panoramas, beautiful area.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
If the fan on the outside unit of your AC stopped, it is most likely the start up capacitor. Cheap fix if you do it yourself. Turn off power and disconnect the 2 wires on the capacitor. Summer heat is hard on it.
Its blowing cold air just leaking under the air handler onto the floor. I was pretty much convinced it was a clogged line and it was. I've fixed these before but the way the pvc was run behind the hot water heater there was no way to get to it. Air handler mounted above hot water heater. Needed to blow compressed air through to unclog. Just a poor set up but can't be re-routed due to space and drain line outside. Had no choice but to call a/c guy.

Its blowing cold air just leaking under the air handler onto the floor. I was pretty much convinced it was a clogged line and it was. I've fixed these before but the way the pvc was run behind the hot water heater there was no way to get to it. Air handler mounted above hot water heater. Needed to blow compressed air through to unclog. Just a poor set up but can't be re-routed due to space and drain line outside. Had no choice but to call a/c guy.
That's a shame you had to call to have it fixed. It's such an easy fix. I put these tablets in the condensation pan to keep mine cleared. I got them from where I used to work. They demo-ed the place and they had these tablets in blister packs, that they put in the condensation pan to keep the hepa filters clean. They let us have whatever we wanted. Well, out of 1,500 people, there was 8 of us at the end.I also got 6 tool boxes (the big floor models)full of tools.

That's a shame you had to call to have it fixed. It's such an easy fix. I put these tablets in the condensation pan to keep mine cleared. I got them from where I used to work. They demo-ed the place and they had these tablets in blister packs, that they put in the condensation pan to keep the hepa filters clean. They let us have whatever we wanted. Well, out of 1,500 people, there was 8 of us at the end.I also got 6 tool boxes (the big floor models)full of tools.
That's a win for sure, the other guys are probably kicking themselves for not sticking around...Good for you.

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20