Expected Phantom 3 Lifetime duration?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how long a phantom 3 (in my case a P3A) is expected to last.. Assume props are changed when needed, no crashes etc.

I am thinking maybe in terms of expected mileage, or hours flown before motors start to fail, or motor bearings need maintenance etc?

I appreciate the battery might need to be replaced, but it's the airframe expected duration I am interested in..

By the way, I have the old motors if that makes a difference..

Does anyone have any stats yet?

If you take care of the craft (don't push it) and perform maintenance the stock craft should last at least 1 year with regular weekend flying. Thats how consumer products are designed. However, people are still using their P1's and P2's happily to this day. Think of it in terms of warranty. It lasts 1 year. However, many of us I imagine take very good care of things and take note of problems before they become big and make changes to alter the course of wear and tear. I estimate based on build quality my P3 should last 2 years.

Last edited:
Seeing as how it has only been out for 9 or 10 months, I would say its a safe bet it will last at least a year (with no crashes and proper maintenance). :)

I would hope it will last a minimum of at least four years. These things are not disposable toys. I would not have paid as much as I did for one year of use. I will be extremely upset if it dies after only three years or less. Think about what goes into these things. Then look at your basic SYMA X5 series. These are definitely built to last more than a year or two.

Reactions: MrDroneUK
I would hope it will last a minimum of at least four years. These things are not disposable toys. I would not have paid as much as I did for one year of use. I will be extremely upset if it dies after only three years or less. Think about what goes into these things. Then look at your basic SYMA X5 series. These are definitely built to last more than a year or two.

I was being facetious! **** ambiguous emoticons. ;)

Ask the guys flying the p2s..... I'm sure the life will be the same or longer [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

the stock craft should last at least 1 year with regular weekend
I would certainly think that a 1299$ drone (I got the pro) would last way more than a year flying only during weekends :eek:, I agree with exit 4 that it should easily last way more than 4 years o_O

Last edited:
I would certainly thing that a 1299$ drone (I got the pro) would last way more than a year flying only during weekends :eek:, I agree with exit 4 that it should easily last way more than 4 years o_O

You make it sound like I was saying were lucky to get a year out of these toys. I'm not! I am saying the opposite. No less than a year, these quads are best quality I've seen. I'm very impressed. Are there better quality? probably. Better quality at this price? no way in hell. You are getting way more quad than you are paying for with the p3. Best maintenance and care expect it to last for a very long time like Exit and Blasteraid said...

Reactions: bLaStErAiD
You make it sound like I was saying were lucky to get a year out of these toys. I'm not! I am saying the opposite
Sorry didn't mean to imply that, in a perfect world 10 years from now, I wanna think I'll still be flying my p3 pro along side my p4 p5 and p6, and maybe flying my p3 more than the others because I'm sure it'll have less restrictions than any new DJI quadcopter with GEO and specific times to fly and a bunch of other restrictions that would/will be implemented in the future :(

IThen look at your basic SYMA X5 series. These are definitely built to last more than a year or two.

I've gone through 3 of those in the last year. :D Still my favorite quad to fly. For less than $50 it's well worth it and pretty durable.

I've gone through 3 of those in the last year. :D Still my favorite quad to fly. For less than $50 it's well worth it and pretty durable.

I have an x5 and x8, they are both fun to fly. They also are lightyears away from the P3A. The little guys zip all around but the phantom moves with ease and meaning and stability. You get what you pay for. We paid a lot, we expect a lot.

Better last until I fly it into a wall. Why would it stop working?

Reactions: robbie4200
It will last aslong as you can buy parts for it. The same as anything else.

I think if you change the motors ($60 for 4) every other year or maybe 18 months with hard use it should last indefinitely with other minor routine maintenance. Aside from the motors you can expect the gimbal motors to die eventually. If you don't have any crashes, don't get cracks in the shell, and perform the above steps I think your quadcopter can last a long time. I have 4 batteries and I expect my P3P to outlast all 4 of my batteries.

If you take care of the craft (don't push it) and perform maintenance the stock craft should last at least 1 year with regular weekend flying. Thats how consumer products are designed. However, people are still using their P1's and P2's happily to this day. Think of it in terms of warranty. It lasts 1 year. However, many of us I imagine take very good care of things and take note of problems before they become big and make changes to alter the course of wear and tear. I estimate based on build quality my P3 should last 2 years.

I've been fly the P3pro for about a month now, without any problems (knock on wood). I'm reading you guys posts and wondering what would be proper maintenance, what kind of money it cost ,and how often do you get the maintenance done.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic