Error using “Above Ground Level” in Waypoint mission

Reaction score
I found an earlier post referencing this same issue, but didn’t find any resolution for my current problem.

If I set up a basic waypoint mission, use the batch tool to “select all” and then “edit” the batch altitudes to be relative to “ground”, I get the following message: “Failed to compute altitudes relative to ground, reason: Unknown Error”

The earlier post suggested that the error might be triggered by some combination of variations in altitude between waypoints and suggested setting waypoint #1 at the lowest altitude ... (Seems like that is somewhat counter to the point of the function?)

Anyway, I’ve tried setting up missions in various locations with various terrain profiles and keep getting the same results.

Full disclosure , I’m a Litchi newbie, but have been flying for several years now with DJI GO (P3Std) & DJI GO 4 (P4P). This functionality is really what I’ve been waiting for (I live in very mountainous country!)

Would appreciate hearing from anyone else who’s actually encountered this...

Well, I’m glad to say that the issue may be resolved, unfortunately, I’m not really sure *why* it resolved...

Quick explanation... I fly with an iPad Air 2, and was getting these error messages every time I tried to set up a waypoint mission using AGL altitudes.

Today, I was sitting at my desktop and tried doing the same thing using the Mission Hub. It worked! I saved the modified mission, then loaded it into Litchi on the iPad. The modified mission loaded just fine. Then, just for grins, I tried creating a new mission using the app on my iPhone, and again, that mission worked fine as well.

So, assuming that it must be something about the iPad (since both the Mission Hub and the iPhone app worked fine), I tried it again on the iPad to test my theory.

Don’t you know, the little f****r worked just fine? For some reason, once I imported that first mission from the Hub, it has worked several more times without any errors.

Now, I’ll trying flying some missions and see how well they perform. I live near a really beautiful mountain golf course so it should be relatively safe to fly down some of the steeper fairways and observe how consistently the aircraft maintains its AGL altitude.

Sorry to drone on ;) but I thought I should document this in the event someone else run into the same issue.

Last edited:
Setting up your mission in Google Earth and exporting to mission hub makes it much easier to fly relative ground and you can see your terrain much better. You then can fly the mission in virtual mission and see exactly how it's going to fly before ever sending the drone out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues