Waypiont mission

Reaction score
Hi all...I have been trying to set up a new mission Using the litchi app. that involves trying to fly over / into a local quarry. now starting at the top of the quarry I have then selected a total of 17 way point's and 15 poi .. All looks o.k. until I try to click onto the 'spanner' / then the dotted square icon below the pencil icon,this then open's another set of 'boxes' in the bottom left of the screen..I then click on 'select all' / 'edit' .this then open up another box 'batch way point settings' Now here start my problem !!! I have set the first way point height to 82ft ( bearing in mind that I am stood at the 'top' of the quarry ) BUT when I click on the 'altitude : 82ft relative to home' that open up yet another box and try selecting 'GROUND' and then 'apply'....After several seconds delay there comes another box that show's 'ERROR failed to compute altitudes relative to ground,reason:Unknown error.' !!!! what it should be doing is working out the different height's of each way point as I fly around and into the quarry.Has Anybody got any clues or help on why this is happening ??? Many thanks for any help

Is the craft's intended flight path 'dropping' it down into the quarry? Could you be getting a problem dropping below the starting elevation of zero?

I.e.(this is a made up example) If you start at the top of quarry, we'll call that elevation zero and then down into quarry you would be at elevation -50... see what I'm getting at.. could the problem be dropping below what the drone is considering ground level?

Is the craft's intended flight path 'dropping' it down into the quarry? Could you be getting a problem dropping below the starting elevation of zero?

I.e.(this is a made up example) If you start at the top of quarry, we'll call that elevation zero and then down into quarry you would be at elevation -50... see what I'm getting at.. could the problem be dropping below what the drone is considering ground level?

Hi Clench M'cheeks Yes that seems to have been to 'cure' to my problem..I have just created another mission that has my first 'start way point at the bottom of the quarry and then selecting 'ground' and it is now showing NO error message....If I am standing at the top of the quarry and 'take off' (making this my 'home position' ) and then select the 'play' (run) button,will the drone then fly to the bottom Start position OR do I have to manually fly to the bottom before I push 'play' ? I was intending to stand and take off from the top as I can the have a good over view of what is happening? Also 'what is the best way of stopping the mission 'if' I see something going wrong ?
Many thanks

I can't really help you on when to hit the play button or how to abort a mission. I haven't used Litchi yet.

I would say to be as safe as you can be... fly it down to the bottom, then (play)start and stop it at the same spot/elevation(the bottom of quarry), then fly it back up with remaining battery juice?

I imagine there has to be a way to stop a mission in mid flight.

When you hit play the bird will fly to the first waypoint and begin running the mission regardless of where you are taking off. I use a P4 and to pause the mission you just switch the controller from "P" to "S" or hit the pause button on your screen

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT