Is it possible to control a DJI drone in two control modes simultaniously?

Reaction score
I want to set a waypoint mission to my drone from an app, while maintaining a constant altitude above the ground. To do this, I plan on setting a waypoint mission while controlling the altitude with the MobileRemoteController and "manually" setting the throttle stick based on the values from the ultra-sonic height sensor.
My question is if it is possible, to "manually" change the throttle axis of the drone while flying a waypoint mission.

If you’re using Litchi it has the option on maintaining same altitude just by checking the box.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

I want to set a waypoint mission to my drone from an app, while maintaining a constant altitude above the ground. To do this, I plan on setting a waypoint mission while controlling the altitude with the MobileRemoteController and "manually" setting the throttle stick based on the values from the ultra-sonic height sensor.
My question is if it is possible, to "manually" change the throttle axis of the drone while flying a waypoint mission.

No, a mission is a pre planned and automated flight, once it sets off the pilot has no control over the quad except to pause or end the mission but as Wa5tef says you can use google map data to ensure that the quad rises with terrain using the setting in the options

I don’t believe you can control altitude manually during a waypoint mission, but as someone else on the forum told me after I posted, you can manually override the speed. Works just fine, but it seems you have to always travel in the direction of the mission - brining the stick all the way down will simply stop the drone vs. reversing as it would in normal flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers