Error message

Reaction score
While performing advanced calibration of IMU, I get a message that the MC is to hot and to power off for 5 minutes to let it cool. I suspect this message is false as the calibration has only run a few minutes but then the controller started blinking red and beeping, so I switched everything off. All batteries are fully charged. ( DJI Assist did say calibration was needed ) Phantom vision+2 v.3

While performing advanced calibration of IMU, I get a message that the MC is to hot and to power off for 5 minutes to let it cool. I suspect this message is false as the calibration has only run a few minutes but then the controller started blinking red and beeping, so I switched everything off. All batteries are fully charged. ( DJI Assist did say calibration was needed ) Phantom vision+2 v.3
I read an article and saw a video that said the quad had to be as cool as possible before IMU calibration. There is a youtube about it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I read an article and saw a video that said the quad had to be as cool as possible before IMU calibration. There is a youtube about it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I think he means his remote. RC.

Last edited:
No, he means the Phantom. It has to be as cool as possible. This has been discussed before on other threads. Part of the IMU process is a warm up period.

No, he means the Phantom. It has to be as cool as possible. This has been discussed before on other threads. Part of the IMU process is a warm up period.
Ok! I misunderstood. I thought he switched off meaning RC, Not recycle the P2+. I have never encountered this with all my phantoms. Interesting. Hot or cold? Never had a issue.

Definitely is a problem if the IMU is truly hot. It will never do the calibration then.
Have two Phantoms and have run into this problem many times. If you do the RC calibration and go through the Naza the IMU has sit there with power on and has had a chance to heat up so it normally fails. If you go right into the Calibration it will complete in under two minutes. It may give you a false message at that time but continue on. If it to hot it just sits there... So cool off and she'll work.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.