Encoder error and return home problem

Reaction score
Today after a first battery flight that was mostly uneventful I changed the battery to a fully charged one and after turning it on I received an IMU initialization message, telling me not to move the drone until it was done. After a short time this message disappeared and received an encoding error message. Turned off battery and restarted and received same message. Tried 2 fully charged batteries with same results.
Probably unrelated but when I press the return home button on the controller the drone immediately tries to land, where ever it is located. This has been going on for some time. The drone is a P4P V2.0 and I am using Iitche software.
Thanks in advance.

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
Sounds like you might need to do an imu calibration on a perfectly level surface. Might correct a couple problems.

Reaction score
Thank you, I'll give it a shot. The first time it happened it was on a level surface, went flying again today and received the message again, but, it wasn't a perfectly flat surface. Thanks again.

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
Thank you, I'll give it a shot. The first time it happened it was on a level surface, went flying again today and received the message again, but, it wasn't a perfectly flat surface. Thanks again.
The imu calibration is done in app (takes few minutes). Not just the normal one done at startup. Can be done inside on a level table. Follow the directions exactly.

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
Main control settings, Advanced settings, sensors, gets you here.

2B7CDC50-A312-44A3-AFB5-C8B497338B0B.png

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellohousekeeping