Erratic Movement Of P4P During Flight

Reaction score
Hi All... Had an issue last flight. 10 minutes into the flight homeward bound the drone made a sharp left and back straight. The "spaz attack", as I named it, lasted for about a second. At the time I had not moved the controls. The drone did this all by itself. I have 2 notices which occurred 10m 22.6s and a duplicate warning 10m 23.1s. The warning said "Gimbel Roll Reached Movement Limit". The picture I attached is a screen print from the video of the flight. I have the flight record, CVS file, and the KML files. I need to know if this incident was a serious one. I am not able to read or convert the files. Thanks in advance. EDIT: And no jokes for being over a cemetery !!
SpazAttack.jpg

The warning said "Gimbel Roll Reached Movement Limit".
That will happen when the Phantom rolls hard to one side or the other. You need to look at the Right and Left Roll values to see if this was the case. If so, then this could be a bird strike. Share the .csv if you prefer. Even at that though, you will most likely need to extract the aircraft .dat file for a better analysis. If the aircraft did not roll, then this is a gimbal issue of some sort.

That will happen when the Phantom rolls hard to one side or the other. You need to look at the Right and Left Roll values to see if this was the case. If so, then this could be a bird strike. Share the .csv if you prefer. Even at that though, you will most likely need to extract the aircraft .dat file for a better analysis. If the aircraft did not roll, then this is a gimbal issue of some sort.
I would like to share the .cvs file. Do I just attach it here as I would a picture ??

I see a .dat file named 2018-11-01 16_31_32-07JDE3300200MA.dat. Is that the .
dat file you are speaking about ?

Dawg...I think I have it figured out.. following is a screen print of a portion of the .cvs file. The horizontal line with yellow highlighter is 8271 feet where the incident occurred. You don't see the 8271 because it is scrolled off the screen. Column U is the roll of the drone, Y is the control input for the aileron, AB and AC is gimbal heading and gimbal pitch. Drone roll and rc input for aileron are values are constant. The gimbal values however are all over the place. That tells me that you were correct.. this is likely a gimbal issue. It's not the most professional looking, but it works for me. Also I don't see any claw or teeth marks on the drone from a bird. And if it was a bird it would likely be erratic movement for more than a second or two. Thanks man... Have a good one.
Capture of cvs file.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers