Erratic Phantom 2V - performed almost full roll during flight

Reaction score
Hello phantom pilots ...
Please help me solve this problem which bother me and my P2 for a long time.

Please check the yt video displaying the situation.

It have long history of erratic rolls to the right (always to the right), usually its just few degrees and it was always in GPS mode, level itself immediately after that causing just a drift of few meters to the side.

First serious problem was last year when that happened 2-3m above the ground and P2 rolled more than a few degrees, flipped on the right side and crashed without any previous warning. it was in the GPS mode on the open field.

After I fixed it, next day I discovered that its perfectly stable in ATTI mode and that problem with right rolls only occur just in GPS mode.

Had few flights since then with no problems, and today, first flight of the new season, put phantom in the atti mode, home lock, calibrated on the field, no metals, had home powerline 10m away, had 8 satellites, went to 150m of height and then suddenly P2 begin his dance, sharp roll to the right, even managed to turn upside down and to correct it because it was high enough.

During the landing I ve discovered that home lock does not function, course lock too, it acted like IOC was off. (much later, when I run the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 it appeared that IOC was off despite the fact that Im completely sure that I left it on last night when I was preparing for the flight.)

Anyway I kept it in the air for some time to record second video made from the ground, switched to gps mode, and video show usual pattern of my P2, rolls to the right for the few degress, after that I correct it to the left ... There is no any rule about how frequent it will roll, sometime it is twice in 5 seconds, then its ok for a minute, then once etc ...

I opened the p2 during the winter hoping that I will discover some reason for this but everything was attached, no sign of burned electronics, lose wires, even gps antenna was ok (before I was suspicious about gps because it had problems just in gps mode but today it was in the atti mode for the first time).

Did IMU advanced recalibration few days before the flight, battery was at 100% today, I read numerous forums since the last year and found no clue about the cause of this instability.

No motor is hotter than other after the flight, seems to be that they all rotate the same.

I will be greatefull for any ideas which could help me to solve this and to regain trust in this P2.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 404
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 356

Recent Posts