EEEK! What is going on with my camera on my Phantom 3 standard?

Reaction score
My phantom 3 standard works, including the video - however; the camera doesn't work properly. It says there is an obstruction and the camera keeps bouncing around erratically (and when I say erratically it moves a lot and fast in all directions).

Could this be that it needs a new cable (i know the video cable is fine because the feed comes thru).

Thanks for your help!!

Be sure the gimbal plugs are fully inserted. They may appear to be fully inserted when they are not. They each must be pushed all the way in so that they click. You can hear or feel it click into place.

Reactions: epicdoom
Plus1
also have you flown in dusty areas the gimbal motors aren't sealed off and can get dirt and dust inside them you can blow this out with a can of compressed air for computers

Reactions: Mark The Droner
here is a example video. The plugs that mount to the bracket are all fine and intact (the standard 2)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks ill check out those youtube links. I bought this from a lot of salvaged items and I am wondering if it is the cable that controls power and function to the gimbal (not sure). I am guessing it was crashed

It sounds like it is one of the boards. I will see if something is broken I can solder or else buy a new one

Thanks ill check out those youtube links. I bought this from a lot of salvaged items and I am wondering if it is the cable that controls power and function to the gimbal (not sure). I am guessing it was crashed
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah its the vertical roll board but im trying to figure out how to get to to it, i think i figured it out but i'm gonna have to put this thing back together and its pretty much fully disassembled

Ok, I took apart the gimbal and put everything back together with the same gimbal power ribbon cable. Now its just completely limp, I double checked and the ribbon is completely secure that powers the arms... Do the cables go bad easily after removing them?

Reactions: epicdoom
they shouldn't if you have a multi meter you can check the cable wire for wire for continuity this will tell you if the cable is bad or not. you may have to use a couple needles as probes not many meter leads are small enough to get at the pins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers