Edge of warning zone

Reaction score
I just got a nice low hours P4P going .. under 50 charges on batteries. running dji go4 ver 4.3.37. The map shows a yellow warning zone where I want to fly. All fw and calibrations done. I cannot seem to go any higher than 33m and the drone is sluggish/slow. Yuk! I am only 500 ft from where the warning zone ends. Can I sent the warnings to "ignore" and fly higher than the 33m limitation? I can easily fly over to where the zone ends but being inside the zone will not let me fly outside the zone. It says maximum distance reached.

Last edited:
Are you in airport zone C? If you accept responsibility you should be able to fly to 200’ near the outer ring. That’s been my experience in Chattanooga. Getting in or out of the zone remains a problem. It’s an invisible wall.
As said, be sure you’re not in beginner mode. Try flying outside the ring anyhow.

I just got a nice low hours P4P going .. under 50 charges on batteries. running dji go4 ver 4.3.37. The map shows a yellow warning zone where I want to fly. All fw and calibrations done. I cannot seem to go any higher than 33m and the drone is sluggish/slow. Yuk! I am only 500 ft from where the warning zone ends. Can I sent the warnings to "ignore" and fly higher than the 33m limitation? I can easily fly over to where the zone ends but being inside the zone will not let me fly outside the zone. It says maximum distance reached.
Also possibly in tripod mode

Try using the B4UFLY app from the FAA. The app will tell you if there are any limitations in the area you are trying to fly, and you can also request flight authorization from the App.
The App is free for both, iOS and Android.

You need to do a manual unlock through the DJI Go 4 app. DJI had put Geofencing into all their models and firmware. Let me know if you need more instruction on how to do that.

Reactions: kidcole
You need to do a manual unlock through the DJI Go 4 app. DJI had put Geofencing into all their models and firmware. Let me know if you need more instruction on how to do that.
Yes, I would like to unlock Go4. I am not in Beginner or tripod mode. Your help appreciated.

Rather than me trying to write this all down, go to this You Tube. He does a good job of explaining.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: kidcole and BigL
Rather than me trying to write this all down, go to this You Tube. He does a good job of explaining.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanx for showing us this. What a PITA. I wonder what happens when you get out on the jobsite with a $500/hour survey crew just to find that DJI somehow screwed up and this didn't work. Or you're out on a mapping job miles from WiFi and cell service. What a nightmare.

D

Thanx for showing us this. What a PITA. I wonder what happens when you get out on the jobsite with a $500/hour survey crew just to find that DJI somehow screwed up and this didn't work. Or you're out on a mapping job miles from WiFi and cell service. What a nightmare.

D
Checking that and setting it up should be part of your preflight checklist before you leave home.

Reactions: jephoto
Checking that and setting it up should be part of your preflight checklist before you leave home.
Dollars to doughnuts someone goes through all this rigmarole and is STILL locked out on the jobsite. I've been doing this enough years and have seen enough erroneous NFZ's to not trust DJI as far as I can throw them.

Got this one about a month ago on a mapping job miles from the airport. No NFZ's. No TFR's. Checked all the NOTAM's for the area. Nothing. Yet there's the tell-tale ChinEnglish stopping my spare drone from flying.

1653769796467.png

"...will 'across' the no fly zone." Hilarious.

Fortunately, I just switched to my primary drone and it was off to the races. Imagine THINKING you're in the clear just to find out miles from WiFi that DJI has - for reasons unknown - set up some kind of erroneous restriction. And this is not the first time I experienced this. And I often work even outside of cell coverage. Something like this could get my company blacklisted. "Don't trust that guy...I wasted thousands just to find out he couldn't fly." I can't afford to take that risk. Literally.

D

Last edited:
Hey Harley- do you have a non- DJI alternate drone or just an older P4p with old firmware to deal with situations like this?
And if a different drone, which make/model?

Hey Harley- do you have a non- DJI alternate drone or just an older P4p with old firmware to deal with situations like this?
And if a different drone, which make/model?
The latter. I think my P4P is like 3 years old(?). Even then, I hacked the software to turn off a lot of the restrictions, the biggest of which was NFZ restrictions. I know where to fly and where not to fly. I have no desire to fly where I'm not supposed to so I disabled NFZ geofencing. Ironically, I did this to avoid the ERRONEOUS flight restrictions that kept popping up. And honestly, I did it so long ago that I barely even remember how I did it. If I recall, there was a hack to the Assistant 2 software that opened up parameters that most users don't get to see.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic