eBay props

Reaction score
I bought some props from eBay for about £10 for 2 full sets.

Anyone got any experience with aftermarket props as I'd be mortified if the bird fell to the ground from dodgey props :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a crapshoot. You'll be better off by not trying them.

I think both the DJI and aftermarket props are made in China. Making a prop is pretty simple for China manufacturing... but like others have said, it's hit and miss.

I've used aftermarket props I purchased off Amazon. So far, knock on wood, no problems.

They look good quality but don't have the same "feel" as the oem ones

What's the deal with carbon fibre they worth the money?

I have three Phantoms with scores of flights under my belt with only one crash, after market Props! The thing flew like a demented harpy (seriously).

I have never subscribed to the ( Only original parts are any good ) school but, in this case, in my opinion, you are taking a big gamble to save a few bucks. You may be lucky but is it worth the risk?

I would just make sure that you balance them.
If you need to get a balancing setup, get here:
DBS vs ARGtek

Numerous threads regarding this.

The Phantom OEM propulsion system is tuned for optimum performance.
Altering the parts can result in de-tuning and erratic behavior.

Be wary of knock-offs or attempts to deceive by vendors.

Ditto on the system tuning / responsiveness. Change the blade pitch, length, flexibility and the system and your video could suffer. There $6 a set here in the states; are you really going to save a buck and try your luck. Remember, Chinese quality can very greatly and with a self tightening prop made of plastic with plastic threads.... I'll spend the $1.50 per prop for OEM.

To answer the carbon question (even DJI ones). I've seen many a video and report that you get less flight time. In FPV racing they can give you more punch because the are stiffer, but we are flying camera rigs, not flying racers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl