Eastern NC still having problems after MATTHEW left a mess

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
For those in and around Eastern NC please don't self dispatch or have your aircraft in the air. We're getting random reports of "Hobby/Unauthorized" aircraft in the area and the LAST thing we want to do is cause a delay in getting help to someone in need. Even if it's just a matter of minutes we don't want to cause a delay.

For the record TFR's apply to ALL aircraft (manned, unmanned, sort of manned LOL) both hobby and commercial. One "Commercial" operator mistakenly stated that since he had his Part 107 that a TFR does not apply to him... WRONG! If you don't have the proper credentials and AUTHORIZATION then you are breaking the TFR even if you're only a few feet off the ground. Note: Authorization for flying within a TFR can only come from the ISSUING agency or an agency appointed by them. If you didn't create the TFR you can't authorize people to fly in it....PERIOD!

A new (revised really but new) TFR was just released for the area. Below are details about the NOTAM/TFR. Please don't be "that guy" because this really important to our industry.

TFR for LUMBERTON, North Carolina near FAYETTEVILLE VOR/DME (FAY)
10/12/2016

If you feel like you have the need and credentials to fly in this area all you have to do is contact:

Washington Center
NORTH CAROLINA AIR OPERATIONS BRANCH
Telephone 919-825-2527

Plead your case with them and if they agree they will give you official "Authorization" to fly in the area.

Reactions: Falcon900
Big107

How are you guys doing your way, I hope no water in or around your place, we have a lot of water from the rain not the river.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm fortunate that I live high in the Blue Ridge Mountains of WNC. I work for our local EMS/LE and head up our UAS Team for Search & Rescue. That's the reason why my group was called to go down towards the coast to assist. I live almost as far from that area as is possible and still be in the same state.

Stay safe everyone. Our thoughts, well wishes, and prayers are with you all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20