dyeing props gone?

so far i think yellow looks the best, followed by purple then orange then red. would really love to see some lime green :\

image.jpeg
now the issue i see here is no silver rings... all other colors show them not here tho

Actually you can see them still. Silver is easy to see but the black ring requires closer inspection. I used graphite dye coloring too.

now the issue i see here is no silver rings... all other colors show them not here tho
They are still there. Just can't see them from that angle. The color also makes the lock and unlock arrows stick out a little more too. I never new DJI was stamped on these props until I dyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Starting my process. Will post updated pics when completed .

Attachments

• 1462851254807.jpg
    1462851254807.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 361
  • 1462851271801.jpg
    1462851271801.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 356
Props look great.... Betting that spoon is toast though...;)

Reactions: bigstalks
I wouldn't try it. Your going to add weight and more then likely throw them out of balance. Dye does not change the weight, well not enough to measure with a standard scale.

I disagree... I think Hydro Dipping the body and the props would be just fine. The hydro finish is less than a tenth of a strand of hair. I think any variations would be negligible.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks awesome! What shade of blue

I'm glad it looks blue . Sometimes in lowlights looks almost purple. I used the "royal blue" used the whole bottle in about a gallon of boiling water. Wanted a little lighter but I messed up doing the whole bottle

I tried to match the logo but props are too dark .

Attachments

• 1462915541327.jpg
    1462915541327.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 385
Reactions: Sim597
Well, here is the result of my first try dying, as far as the dye adhering to the P4 finish, I was very pleased. Only soaked them for 35min, and the finish is perfect, no streaks or anything, I have seen others say they had to soak for 24-48hrs to get a good finish, I am wondering if they weren't using the synthetic dye. Now the problem, I wanted the maroon props to be orange like the RIT bottle next to it, the yellow came out exactly as I wanted, and I did them the exact same way. Also, the dye bled under the darker props, but didn't bleed at all through the yellow, I was going for white. So, do you think I dyed the orange ones to long, or do I need to add less dye? (I used the whole bottle on both)
On a side note, I was debating between orange and a dark/maroon red, so no harm really, they will still look ok with my design. I'll post the whole P4 when I get the rest done.
Props.JPG

Well, here is the result of my first try dying, as far as the dye adhering to the P4 finish, I was very pleased. Only soaked them for 35min, and the finish is perfect, no streaks or anything, I have seen others say they had to soak for 24-48hrs to get a good finish, I am wondering if they weren't using the synthetic dye. Now the problem, I wanted the maroon props to be orange like the RIT bottle next to it, the yellow came out exactly as I wanted, and I did them the exact same way. Also, the dye bled under the darker props, but didn't bleed at all through the yellow, I was going for white. So, do you think I dyed the orange ones to long, or do I need to add less dye? (I used the whole bottle on both)
On a side note, I was debating between orange and a dark/maroon red, so no harm really, they will still look ok with my design. I'll post the whole P4 when I get the rest done.
View attachment 55951

Looks awesome!!!! How did you get the stripes?

Reactions: Jack Ley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers