dyeing props gone?

anybody try to hydro dip their props? I dipped my inspire body but never tried the props.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1462238152.878363.jpg

Just use the boiling method - take 20 mins and is the method suggested by the dye manufacturer (Rit).

Very nice looking. How did you keep the black and silver rings on the props without dyeing them out? I wouldn't mind dyeing my props Black..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

17d42676b3fe6c3f7e41c6532eada3b8.jpg
6a5a7e56f709ee0dffc5d542942dabeb.jpg

Ya they look good, I have washed them and used a tooth brush in the middle so when I mount them, the dye does not bleed onto the motor mounts

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Sim597
Could you dye them let them dry then redip them In hot water to lock the dye in to prevent bleeding?

The dye does not have that in the instructions, so I don't think it's necessary.

17d42676b3fe6c3f7e41c6532eada3b8.jpg
6a5a7e56f709ee0dffc5d542942dabeb.jpg

Ya they look good, I have washed them and used a tooth brush in the middle so when I mount them, the dye does not bleed onto the motor mounts

Is that Racing Red? I'm doing a second set that color. Looks great.

Yeah that red looks amazing I plan to do 4 different colors as I have 4 sets of props. Shame there is no neon type colors

Ya it's racing red, it is really nice, if you do it, scrub them good after, some of the dye likes to hang around!
d9d80205975e6d884f069a20698d2183.jpg
e37dacdd81fc6345d1d1ee06de5c0d48.jpg

Im no expert here guys, but I don't think this is a good idea.

I come from many years of flying collective pitch RC helicopters and good set of blades are usually balanced and weighted from the factory. A bad set of blades would cause the helicopter's aerodynamics to become unpredictable and the helli would bounce up and down in a hover. Putting any type of uneven
weight on the blades is like flying with a VW on the wing.

Im no expert here guys, but I don't think this is a good idea.

I come from many years of flying collective pitch RC helicopters and good set of blades are usually balanced and weighted from the factory. A bad set of blades would cause the helicopter's aerodynamics to become unpredictable and the helli would bounce up and down in a hover. Putting any type of uneven
weight on the blades is like flying with a VW on the wing.

I dyed some props on a previous phantom and had no issues. Most of the props that come from DJI are not balanced and its a good practice to balance them yourself. You can always dye them and then check the balance and adjust them with a little sandpaper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31