DSLR Pros Back Under New Management!

To piggy-back on the customer experience versus customer service, I want to share an experience that keeps me coming back to a certain un-named company in a whole other industry. I order from this company, and everytime (literally) that I receive an order, I have some sort of freebie in the box on top of everything else so it is the first thing I see. It is usually something small, insignificant to their bottom dollar, but it is a product "free of charge." For this hobby, that something may be a sticker for our tool box, a tx lanyard that you got a case of from a distributor, a t-shirt, maybe a lens cap with your logo on it. Even if your price may be $5 higher than somewhere else would be, consumers remember that you are the ones that throw in little extras.

edit: If you would get lanyards made with your logo and contact info, think wearable business card/billboard, I would buy the first one!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

To piggy-back on the customer experience versus customer service, I want to share an experience that keeps me coming back to a certain un-named company in a whole other industry. I order from this company, and everytime (literally) that I receive an order, I have some sort of freebie in the box on top of everything else so it is the first thing I see. It is usually something small, insignificant to their bottom dollar, but it is a product "free of charge." For this hobby, that something may be a sticker for our tool box, a tx lanyard that you got a case of from a distributor, a t-shirt, maybe a lens cap with your logo on it. Even if your price may be $5 higher than somewhere else would be, consumers remember that you are the ones that throw in little extras.

edit: If you would get lanyards made with your logo and contact info, think wearable business card/billboard, I would buy the first one!

I really like this idea. I have had similar experiences with other companies throwing in little goodies. I even had a company throw in completely unrelated products. It totally adds to the experience and makes it so much more memorable. Great recommendation!

Reactions: GMayberry
Seems to me there are two choices. Same prices as everyone else and a little business or lower prices and get a large volume of people and more profits in the long run. It's all about money and service.
It would be nice... "Your one stop Phantom shop!"

I would also like to see a built in transponder or other gps homing device that has its own separate battery for a power source,.for when you lose your Drone to a crash or flyaway,.you can find it. Most significant crashes seem to knock out your main battery from the drone. Also make one with a audible alrarm that lasts 30 minutes to help one locate it faster, would be nice. GOOD LUCK With The New Endeavor & Hope the business rolls in & comes back to!!!

Reactions: DSLRPros
I would like to see you help promote drones/UAVs possible good uses to the public. Help show people that this new technology isn't a threat. (Sorry if someone else said something similar, I didn't want to read the whole thread...)

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would like to see you help promote drones/UAVs possible good uses to the public. Help show people that this new technology isn't a threat. (Sorry if someone else said something similar, I didn't want to read the whole thread...)

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks for the suggestion kandelin16! I don't think anyone else has mentioned this before, but you are absolutely correct that it's great to help let more people know that drones have so many varied uses and purposes. For instance, ski resorts are starting to use thermal capable drones to aid in their search and rescue teams. Decreasing the amount of time in finding individuals is so considerable especially given very cold temperatures. It's an incredible industry that has so much room to grow.

I would also like to see a built in transponder or other gps homing device that has its own separate battery for a power source,.for when you lose your Drone to a crash or flyaway,.you can find it. Most significant crashes seem to knock out your main battery from the drone. Also make one with a audible alrarm that lasts 30 minutes to help one locate it faster, would be nice. GOOD LUCK With The New Endeavor & Hope the business rolls in & comes back to!!!
I hope this is ok, but we actually sell something quite similar to this idea. It's a separate unit that fits onto your drone easily. Has its own battery and connects via your smart phone to track the location.

Trackimo GPS Drone Tracker

Thank you for your support! We hope to do everyone proud! :)

I don't wanna sound like I am copying others, but honestly, zoom lenses and customer service is where I think it should be at. Would be super helpful. Thanks for this amazing giveaway, good luck everyone!

You should focus on manufacturing high end PERFECTLY BALANCED propellers. Make them available in different colors (both traditional and neons).. Maybe have glow-in-the-dark props (or at least the tips of each prop glow). Nobody makes or sells BALANCED props. DJI claims theirs are balanced but they aren't. And there are zero options for colored props right now. You'd have the market cornered.

Small LED lighting systems would be popular too. Have them prewired to a AAA battery source for ease of install (stick it on and your good to go.)

Aftermarket legs/landing gear are sorely needed. The stock ones are flimsy and way too narrow. They make the bird look a bit cheap too. Using the existing holes on the body of the P3, make a wide leg kit that angles out and giving the bird a lower CG and wider base. Looks cool and better and more stability for landings. Can't believe nobody has thought of this yet? Retractable gear would be cool too. Likely a huge hit with everyone. Nice "wow factor" which is what everyone likes.

Gimble protectors and high quality drop pins for the little rubber shock absorbers should be sold as a kit upgrade to the stock set up.

Carrying cases as others mentioned too..

Anyway, good luck!

I would like to see more waterproofing. I never found out if your coating actually made it to market. Seemed like people tried to order a while back but couldn't.

Got my bird as a present now looking for an after sale bundle: props, batteries, car charger...

Im not sure about this as I'm on my phone not computer, but a suggestion.... Give some kind of incentive for Canadian shoppers

Too many posts to see everything that has been written here but I reckon you'd do well with a Crash Kit! So many people crashing. And what about a sensor that's built into something like prop guards so if it touches anything it immediately forces the drone to move the other way [emoji13]

UK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik