DSLR Pros Back Under New Management!

Reaction score
Hello Phantom Pilots Forum Members,

My name is Anthony and I am part of the team at DSLR Pros. We are a brand new company and we’ve been going through some major changes. Our CEO, Mike Zaya, posted a blog post over on our site to give more details about what’s been going on with DSLR Pros. We really want to help spread the word about what’s been going on with DSLR Pros. Please do give his blog post a read and share your thoughts.

With this post, I want to do 3 things:
  • Introduce ourselves to the Phantom Pilots community.
  • Get your feedback on what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros and do a free giveaway.
  • Set up a future thread where you can speak to us directly.
Some of you may have had previous experiences with the old DSLR Pros, but I do want to express that we are a brand new company. Our plan is to take the aspects which made DSLR Pros great, such as custom kits and modified equipment, and combine it with a solid business background. Our CEO has a history of starting his own companies and making them fantastic. Here's a great interview with him on one of his past companies.

More so than anything else, we’d love to be a member of this community. We’d like to be active and help grow alongside everyone here. We would like to do a giveaway to start things off. One lucky winner will receive from us:

phantomgiveaway.jpg

1x Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub, 2x Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries, 1x 3-Pack of Polar Pro Filters, and 4 Carbon Fiber Propellers (2x CW & 2x CCW)!

All you have to do to enter is reply to this post with a suggestion or comment on how we can improve. Let us know what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros. What can we do to help forward the community? What types of interesting products would you like to see? The giveaway will end February 7, 2016 at 6pm PST. We will announce the winner of our giveaway in another thread on Monday February 8, 2016. Good luck everyone!

Lastly, we’d like to interact with you all personally. We’re going to schedule another thread in the future, in which our CEO, myself, and others will join in and reply to any comments or questions you might have. Please come visit our future thread next Monday January 25, 2016 @ 1pm PST.

Sincerely,

Anthony

edit:

Congratulations to gsweig! Winner of our first giveaway on the Phantompilots forum boards.

Once again, thank you everyone for providing excellent feedback and suggestions. We will take these ideas to heart and will be popping in from time to time. :) Don't forget to check out all of the new products we've launched. We're always working around the clock to come up with new products and kits that people will enjoy. See more at DJI Drone Kits

Thank you all!

Last edited:
I would like to see accessory products, such as affordable cases, gimble guards, prop guards, chargers, etc. right now there are vendors selling one product or two, but not a one stop shop with most everything a new phantom owner would want.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: DSLRPros
I would like to see accessory products, such as affordable cases, humble guards, prop guards, chargers, etc. right now there are vendors selling one product or two, but not a one stop shop with most everything a new phantom owner would want.

Thanks for the suggestion impilot51!

Please everyone do share your thoughts. We'd love to hear them all!

Keep making waterproof Phantoms, and allow people to send their Phantom to you for repairs and upgrades, to save them the hassle. Make a line of affordable backpacks and custom-colored props, as well as customizing (name, logo, etc.) Phantoms for an additional cost. Upgrades like range extenders, carbon bodies, etc.

EDIT: Custom or larger-sized batteries!

Last edited:
I would like to see "combo" prices so we don't have to hunt them down on amazon, bh etc. Something like, props, battery, guards. Also recommended products in one place like the recommended tablets or ones that you have already tested and know it will work.

Allow us to ask you questions without the attitude that comes with most suppliers. This hobby can get expensive and we spend a lot of time and money. I just dropped $2000 in the last month so I would like a little respect when a simple question is asked from a professional as I will probably be asking a question and will decide my purchase according.

The main thing for me is to remember who is paying your bills. Your customers. Make it easy to contact you. And respond when we call! Be helpful. A little respect goes a long way! As already mentioned, we spend huge amounts of money to enjoy this hobby. A dealer having a good working knowledge of the hobby is a must. Good luck!

Accessories on the site. I am always looking for my something cool to add to my bird, rather it be stickers, lanyard, parts, battery charger options, lens, etc....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

A "zoom" feature on the drones camera such as a small servo that can adjust an added on lens.

Great suggestions so far guys! Really appreciate it.

To speak to JerichoVirus, snerd, and ckf, I completely hear what you all are saying about Customer Service. Our company is absolutely built upon the principle that good Customer Service is the most important part of our company. We have dedicated staff on hand to help customers over the phone, through email, and even live chat. We are still growing as a company and are continuously hiring more people. Our number is (877) 299-1075 open 8-5pm PST M-F. We are always learning new things, give us a call and say hi! :)

Maybe work out deals with the manufactures to give discounts for some of the accessories. Batteries are one of the most expensive items that we need and seems to be the one thing that keeps it's price. Maybe work out deals with the manufacture for after market products that will not void warranties.

Great suggestions so far guys! Really appreciate it.

To speak to JerichoVirus, snerd, and ckf, I completely hear what you all are saying about Customer Service. Our company is absolutely built upon the principle that good Customer Service is the most important part of our company. We have dedicated staff on hand to help customers over the phone, through email, and even live chat. We are still growing as a company and are continuously hiring more people. Our number is (877) 299-1075 open 8-5pm PST M-F. We are always learning new things, give us a call and say hi! :)

I also love when companies acknowledge my comment and they interact with the customer [emoji846]

Zoom lenses for the phantom, more waterproof testing and products, additional servo for dropping something, and more choices for skin kits!

DSLRPros Support
This page does not display quite right on Chrome. Text is cut off under Email and Office section and looks poor.

Do you offer repair service for DJI quads? If so, it is not highlighted on your site. If not, then you should look into that to offer as a service. The forums are full of people crashing their Phantoms, and if you make yourself as a "go to" place to have repairs done that will draw more business to your company.

DSLRPros Support
This page does not display quite right on Chrome. Text is cut off under Email and Office section and looks poor.

Do you offer repair service for DJI quads? If so, it is not highlighted on your site. If not, then you should look into that to offer as a service. The forums are full of people crashing their Phantoms, and if you make yourself as a "go to" place to have repairs done that will draw more business to your company.
Thanks for pointing that out! I'll let our team know. :)

We are new and we are building ourselves up again, but we do have people on hand that could troubleshoot and repair a Phantom. Once we get settled, we'll definitely open up the possibilities of repairs. :) I like the idea of being that "go to" place.

I second that. It would be nice to have a zoom. I can't count the times that I would of used that.
It would be interesting getting zoom to work/look right on a Phantom. Digital vs. Optical. Time will tell!

Zoom lenses for the phantom, more waterproof testing and products, additional servo for dropping something, and more choices for skin kits!
Very cool ideas!

Video reviews of products
Really like this idea!

Having a broad selection of repair parts in stock and being able to ship overnight would make you unique. Right now, I buy most of my parts through Amazon because because they can get almost any DJI part to me overnight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic