Dropped into swimming pool!!

We have the same problem for smart pool timer too. Please search in the forums,

timer
smart pool

and if you don’t find the same related subject, please open new subject (smart pool timer)

Also, I saw your review for banned links and it seems they have problem with links and they are ok without link. Please try following review (without hyper link) for some other banned links and we can check the result,

I have a smart pool timer from ThermoMart (thermomart.com/cellphone-wifi-app-google-alexa) with reasonable and exciting price ($58.00).The product works. It’s good quality . It is easy to download the app and I paired it in 15 minutes

I can do everything on my cellphone or by voice (by Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant) from anywhere!

The Timer can be programmed as scheduled ( 24 hours 7 days with 8 events ) or loop timer. It has countdown timer too, so I can save $30-$50 each month.

It has a waterproof box and it is suitable for outside.It has sharing system too and I can add unlimited user.

Don't know much about the mechanics, but I work at a company that makes lithium batteries and I do know that they don't like water. Hopefully you may be able to salvage the 'copter, but I'm betting the battery might be a loss. If so, that's still better than a total loss, right? Good luck.
There won’t be any problem with the LiPO cells. If they aren’t physically damaged and no electrolyte is leaking out how do you think water might get inside? It can’t.

Aircraft automatically descends and lands if RTH is triggered when the aircraft flies within a 20 meters (65 feet) radius of the Home Point. Aircraft will stop ascending and immediately return to the Home Point if you move the throttle stick if the aircraft reaches 20 meters (65 feet) altitudes or beyond during Failsafe.

Reactions: The Famous
There won’t be any problem with the LiPO cells. If they aren’t physically damaged and no electrolyte is leaking out how do you think water might get inside? It can’t.
Didn't look too closely at the DJI batteries. Are they completely sealed? THe ones we make aren't and that's how THEY can get wet inside. Might be for heat/ventilation. Not sure.

years ago my first flight with my p3 my drone went swimming, used return to home, the drone bounced off a pole and into a small lake, waded out to get it the lights was still flashing, (that helped in finding it) too the battery out and drained as much as I could out of the drone and put the drone in some rice, a lot of rice, drone and battery turned out fine,, camera phots from then on wasn't so good .

Didn't look too closely at the DJI batteries. Are they completely sealed? THe ones we make aren't and that's how THEY can get wet inside. Might be for heat/ventilation. Not sure.
I was talking about the lipo cells, they are sealed. The battery enclosure isn’t. That leaves me confused about your original post now. What might you suggest is special about the electronics in the battery that might make them more susceptible to damage than those contained within the drone?

Having gone through the same unfortunate experience (P4P+ dropped in swimming pool), I can report the following:
- Battery is working but not working; the controller board has a fuseable link somewhere that blows leaving only the controller part and lights working but not the output and charging part. I've tried to replace the controller circuit in the battery but that didn't solve it unfortunately. So battery is dead.
- Disassembled drone completely (including camera and gimbal) and found corrosion on circuit boards and connectors from chlorine salt. In particular in little places where pool water was "trapped" this was obvious. I rinsed and brushed (using tooth brush) all parts in normal tap water and thoroughly dried before re-assembly.
- Drone working fine again, no issues at all.

I have had since 1-16-18. What happened was, my friend wanted to photograph his roof. When I was done with the photos, my friend said, "how does the return home work"? I was 48" above the roof and I pushed the RTH button. Instantly the drone went straight down! Tried to over ride but it clipped a ridge on the roof and broke a blade sending it into a tree branch and then dropped into a pool! DJI said send it back and if RTH was the cause, the warranty would cover it. I will try that. Camera has water inside the lens and bird is stained from chlorine. Thanks fro the responses.

When you hit the RTH button were you close to the take off point ,(directly above take off point) if not something’s wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers