Drop in price?

I see. The Prime membership is a great value regardless and the savings in shipping have more than offset the $99 annual fee, to say nothing of the streaming content included with the membership.
Indeed. However, I stopped buying from Amazon when they started charging sales tax, and upped the free shipping minimum to $49. However, Amazon's pricing, even Prime only pricing, is a great way to get Best Buy to price match, and have a 45 day no hassle return, as an Elite Plus member, and walk out with it instantly, and exchange or return it the same way. Just buy your P4P batteries elsewhere. For everything else, I use B&H, with an excellent 30 return policy, and no sales tax. I will never buy directly from DJI again. Takes 3 weeks from their date of receipt of an unopened shipping box to get a refund credit applied! Unacceptable! B&H took 48 hours!

I didn't realize that. I am seeing the lower price but I'm a Prime member. So if you are not a Prime member the lower price doesn't display?
Yesterday, the lower price displayed, but specified it was "exclusively for Amazon Prime members only." Today, it's a whole new world out there! Available to everyone, apparently! :cool:

Last edited:
Indeed. However, I stopped buying from Amazon when they started charging sales tax, and upped the free shipping minimum to $49. However, Amazon's pricing, even Prime only pricing, is a great way to get Best Buy to price match, and have a 45 day no hassle return, as an Elite Plus member, and walk out with it instantly, and exchange or return it the same way. Just buy your P4P batteries elsewhere. For everything else, I use B&H, with an excellent 30 return policy, and no sales tax. I will never buy directly from DJI again.

I hadn't realized it was Prime-Members-only price as I, too, am a Prime member. I am about to put in an order for the P4. The extra batteries I'll go to BH which is my regular destination for camera & lens related purchases.

Hang on. I just signed out from my Amazon account and checked the price. It shows $1335. See attachment of the screengrab.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 3.06.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 3.06.45 PM.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 197
Hang on. I just signed out from my Amazon account and checked the price. It shows $1335. See attachment of the screengrab.
Looks like they changed it from yesterday! Available to everyone now! :cool:
Here's the screenshot I took for Best Buy yesterday.
"Ships from and sold by Amazon.com, exclusively for Prime members"

IMG_7436.PNG

I already set it up and registered it with FAA and DJI. The one good news about it is I didn't get charged tax....

I sent Amazon an email asking for a price drop credit. I will let you know if they just laugh or do something about it....

I already set it up and registered it with FAA and DJI. The one good news about it is I didn't get charged tax....

I sent Amazon an email asking for a price drop credit. I will let you know if they just laugh or do something about it....
How did you avoid the sales tax? Are you in a state with no sales tax? Amazon should honor the price drop credit. That 30 days should also be for price protection.

When I was on Amazons website I pulled up a page with all the listed sellers and want a DJI authorized dealer and searched until I found "DJI" store. I chose them. Maybe thats why no tax? Not sure but I wasn't going to complain!

They have 12-24 hours to respond. Will update when I hear back.

Now if the wind stops blowing tomorrow first time drone flight!! :)

When I was on Amazons website I pulled up a page with all the listed sellers and want a DJI authorized dealer and searched until I found "DJI" store. I chose them. Maybe thats why no tax? Not sure but I wasn't going to complain!

They have 12-24 hours to respond. Will update when I hear back.

Now if the wind stops blowing tomorrow first time drone flight!! :)
Then you didn't buy from Amazon. You bought from an Amazon Marketplace seller, and they are not required to pricematch anything. As you said, no sales tax was paid, and Amazon direct will charge you sales tax. Roughly the same price, after tax. Make sure to do all your updates and calibrate the compass prior to arming the motors!

Oh I see said the blind man..... Clear as mud now! :)

Anywho I am still happy with it and batteries charged (got 2 extra HC from B & G) along with the there battery charger. All full charged and ready for a hopefully windless day tomorrow. First time flyer and can't wait!

I stopped at Best Buy, and got them to match the Amazon $1335 price today. As others posted above, no high cap batts at BB so I need to place an order for those, and a triple charger, and a case or back pack, and... and... :eek:

I charged while driving (see In Truck Charging Station ) from BB to my local AMA field. Unboxed, updated, and flew for a bit. The P4P was NAILED to the sky in hover, and the sticks felt really dialed in, as compared to my P3P while flying :D

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
That's really going to make those who joined Prime to get the deal happy. :D
They offer a free 30 day trial for Prime, so they can still change their minds. Amazon is hoping to hook them with the On Demand content, and hopes they let them charge the $99 when the 30 days is up. Puppy dog close! ;)

I stopped at Best Buy, and got them to match the Amazon $1335 price today. As others posted above, no high cap batts at BB so I need to place an order for those, and a triple charger, and a case or back pack, and... and... :eek:

I charged while driving (see In Truck Charging Station ) from BB to my local AMA field. Unboxed, updated, and flew for a bit. The P4P was NAILED to the sky in hover, and the sticks felt really dialed in, as compared to my P3P while flying :D

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Glad you got the deal, too! P4P is a sweet ride for a great camera! :cool:

The 3 batteries include one p4p and 2 p4's. the p4p was $1260.99 and each of the P4 batteries was $149.99. I'm ok with the 3 minutes less flight time to save a few bucks. This deal also allowed me to pickup the Polaroid ND filter 3 pack (2, 3 and 4 stop) for 37.49. 4 more props for $14.98. Out the door for $1613.44. I had money left in the budget to go to Verizon and grab an iPad mini 4. I'm a happy camper. Now if the wind would just stop gusting to 30mph I can go fly this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The 3 batteries include one p4p and 2 p4's. the p4p was $1260.99 and each of the P4 batteries was $149.99. I'm ok with the 3 minutes less flight time to save a few bucks. This deal also allowed me to pickup the Polaroid ND filter 3 pack (2, 3 and 4 stop) for 37.49. 4 more props for $14.98. Out the door for $1613.44. I had money left in the budget to go to Verizon and grab an iPad mini 4. I'm a happy camper. Now if the wind would just stop gusting to 30mph I can go fly this thing!

How did you get this deal at Best Buy? How did they decide the P4P was $1261? Would they have sold the P4P separately for $1261? P4 batteries are available for $120 each, and even BB was selling them for that in December. No sales tax at BB?

How did you get this deal at Best Buy? How did they decide the P4P was $1261? Would they have sold the P4P separately for $1261? P4 batteries are available for $120 each, and even BB was selling them for that in December. No sales tax at BB?

To be honest I'm not sure how they determine how they came to that price. I had seen the P4 batteries for much less but with the price they gave me for the p4p I couldn't pass it up. The only downside to this deal is that if there is a drastic price drop in the p4p it would have to drop below $1261 for me to take advantage of the price protection. All in all I felt it was a solid deal. I look at it like buying the latest greatest pc. If you want what's hot you have to pay and understand that in a year it's going to be half the price.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub