Drop in price?

As much as I am drooling over the P4P and its' new and improved camera I'm holding off for around a $1200 price range. I'm quite happy with my P3A and plan to keep it for a while after a P4P purchase. Technology is outracing my pocketbook.

$1335 right now, shipped & sold by Amazon. I am waiting for it to hit $1300.

Reactions: M1shootr
Ordered mine yesterday at $1400 price and will be here tomorrow. Newbie and can't wait to get my first flight out of the way. Now if the weather in MD just cooperates!

$1335 right now, shipped & sold by Amazon. I am waiting for it to hit $1300.
Thanks for the tip! Best Buy just matched the $1335! :cool:
Don't get greedy. You'll get more than $35 worth of fun in the mean time, buying now at $1335!;)

Last edited:
Reactions: rich146
I see that Amazon is offering the P4P at $1385 today (instead of $1499).

Here.
Don't look now but the DJI Store on Ebay is selling the P4 at $949! That's $250 off! At $1,200.00 retail I don't think they are flying off the shelf like the $1,000 Mavic's. I would imagine they produced around 500,000 of each model. I am sure they have warehouses full of these P4's and P4P's. I will keep holding off unit the P4P hits $1,200.00. I'm thinking around the beginning of April they will begin discounting the P4P.

Don't look now but the DJI Store on Ebay is selling the P4 at $949! That's $250 off! At $1,200.00 retail I don't think they are flying off the shelf like the $1,000 Mavic's. I would imagine they produced around 500,000 of each model. I am sure they have warehouses full of these P4's and P4P's. I will keep holding off unit the P4P hits $1,200.00. I'm thinking around the beginning of April they will begin discounting the P4P.
DJI certified Refurbished P4's with a full 1 year warranty from DJI have been $799 for some time. $949 is no bargain.

I have been monitoring Amazon's prices for the P4P for a week. It has ranged from 1499 to today's low price of 1385. Sometimes the price would change during the middle of the day. When it hit 1385.27 today, I ran down to Best Buy and had them price match. Now I have a P4P to accompany my P3P!
Nice job! I always bought from B&H but now that they are charging tax in NJ, this could be an option in the future. Where do you get to fly in Lee, VA? Isn't that near the dread NFZ of DC?

This is great news! My advise is to buy when the price hits $1,200.00!
That's what I did! Definitely not regretting it. Just need to fly in new interesting places.

The Phantom 5 is coming, and so is the Phantom 6, and 7, and...

There's never any end to this stuff. The only question is do you want to own something now, or later.
My dream drone is a p4p with 360 obstacle avoidance all times, and the size of the mavic with the same camera as the p4p.

Reactions: FunN4lo
My dream drone is a p4p with 360 obstacle avoidance all times, and the size of the mavic with the same camera as the p4p.
You will probably get those things within the next year or two. Again, the question is do you want to own a drone now, or in a year or two.

You will probably get those things within the next year or two. Again, the question is do you want to own a drone now, or in a year or two.
I would say now. I should have some money set aside if a new DJI drone really catches my eye though. If one doesn't I'm going to also get a inspire 1 with my p4p.

Is something new coming? Should people wanting to buy a p4p hold off and wait?
P4P production line is still being improved. If you want a mature product with all the bugs worked out, wait another month or two, and the prices will drop a bit, or include an extra battery. That's been the historical pattern after release.

P4P production line is still being improved. If you want a mature product with all the bugs worked out, wait another month or two, and the prices will drop a bit, or include an extra battery. That's been the historical pattern after release.
I don't know if I can handle a month. I have been waiting so long it feels. Ever since I sold my P3S, I have been dying for a new drone

P4P production line is still being improved. If you want a mature product with all the bugs worked out, wait another month or two, and the prices will drop a bit, or include an extra battery.
Pure speculation, other than to the extent that any product is continuously improved (firmware updates, etc.) You have absolutely no idea what DJI is or isn't doing on their production line. And pricing can always change, or not, for all the usual supply/demand reasons.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1