Dronebase- is it worth it

Reaction score
I flew 3 missions and got paid on 2 of them so far. $20 on one and 25$ on the other. If they are splitting it 50/50 the realtor is only paying $50 bucks? I think that is pulling down the price of the product. If I were dronebase sure it would make sense to sell it for $50 bucks and take $25 dollar cut. If they sold 200 a day across the US that is $1,825,000 dollars a year.
Don't get me wrong I like getting paid but I think the total price should be around $90 dollars.
What do you guys think?
Also I only see pano work on there site. Has anyone been contacted by dronebase to more extensive work?
What are some of the tools used to create panos? I have all of Adobe products.

Reactions: ShivarenoP3
They contacted me last week about a job needing done in my area. It was actually 80 miles away but was willing to do it. I just couldn't do it within their scheduled time. They offered $125. Wish I could have got her done.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

They contacted me last week about a job needing done in my area. It was actually 80 miles away but was willing to do it. I just couldn't do it within their scheduled time. They offered $125. Wish I could have got her done.

How many missions have you done for dronebase? If you don't mind me asking.

I signed up for DroneBase out of curiosity. What criteria do they use to determine "likelihood for payout" and is it accurate or relevant? Or is it simply luck with who purchases the images?

Just signed up and only see pano missions in the entire state. Looks like they are just pulling real estate listings and then hoping they can get the agent to buy the images. I agree the rate seems low but maybe if a job is specifically asked for they charge more.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have 4 that I can choose from, just Panos. They are in pretty close range. Just waiting for the weather to cooperate. Figure I will give it a "shot".

Out of curiosity, I signed up a few weeks back; attempted a pano flight and was questioned by the home owner. Long story short, his home wasn't for sale or even-up on the market. It was my first and last attempt at dronebase. I signed up for Drone.IO Your drone pilot marketplace | Droners.io gives you the power to bid on jobs locally or farther from home...

And yes, that is a low ball price...always wonder if people got paid. thanks for posting

Out of curiosity, I signed up a few weeks back; attempted a pano flight and was questioned by the home owner. Long story short, his home wasn't for sale or even-up on the market. It was my first and last attempt at dronebase. I signed up for Drone.IO Your drone pilot marketplace | Droners.io gives you the power to bid on jobs locally or farther from home...

And yes, that is a low ball price...always wonder if people got paid. thanks for posting
Let us know how you do?

Very curious about all of this, will be taking test soon and hopefully giving some of these sites/jobs a go. Thanks for all the posts and info.

Let us know how you do?
I've bided and inquired about a few jobs on drones.io (locally) but never got a response. Apparently, Drones.io is having issues with pilots bids; not going through or something to that affect... I've been applying to all these drone job sites, since I have my part 107. But I think the likelyhood of one actually falling through is very slime. Maybe because the market is flooded with certified drone pilots making the aerial imaging business tough in my parts, good thing I have my day job ;)

At this time I have submitted 3 and got paid for 2. I asked Nick at DB why the price was so low and he said it was probably sold to data company and not the realtor. I am going to shoot some panos and try to stitch them together myself and try selling them. I also asked him about commercial jobs in my area and he said he would let me know. They are moving in the direction of listing them but they have not yet done so. If you go to their site you will only see panos listed and expect that you will get around 20-30 bucks if they sell. If I could get 70 -100 bucks for a pano I would do it all day, it only takes 7 minutes to do the shoot.

At this time I have submitted 3 and got paid for 2. I asked Nick at DB why the price was so low and he said it was probably sold to data company and not the realtor. I am going to shoot some panos and try to stitch them together myself and try selling them. I also asked him about commercial jobs in my area and he said he would let me know. They are moving in the direction of listing them but they have not yet done so. If you go to their site you will only see panos listed and expect that you will get around 20-30 bucks if they sell. If I could get 70 -100 bucks for a pano I would do it all day, it only takes 7 minutes to do the shoot.
Curious to know what's the likelyhood of payout in your area?

The screen shot I took below is a mile from my home and the price of the homes in this particular area are worth millions, check the area code.
So I would think(and hope) a pano produced for a home- for sale, in this area is worth WAY more, than what they offer. JMO

Attachments

• IMG_1623.PNG
    IMG_1623.PNG
    660.7 KB · Views: 1,054
Hello, I have the P4 Pro, I am a registered faa pilot. Does anyone need any drone footage or videos, I'm new to this website so I need a little help knowing what this website offers. I would appreciate it if someone could help me.
Thanks

I shot 3 commercial panos today and uploaded this evening. Very straightforward, completed all 3 in one battery with plenty to spare.

I have done 26 panos over six weeks, and have been paid for ten so far.
Eight of those were the first 13, then only two of the last 13. Maybe the holidays, but losing motivation!
I always Google the address to verify that the property is still on the market before heading out, and have skipped a couple that didn't have a "for sale" sign up when I got there.
773e91937c091d2f649753b5beb183b5.jpg

Reactions: microraptor
I've bided and inquired about a few jobs on drones.io (locally) but never got a response. Apparently, Drones.io is having issues with pilots bids; not going through or something to that affect... I've been applying to all these drone job sites, since I have my part 107. But I think the likelyhood of one actually falling through is very slime. Maybe because the market is flooded with certified drone pilots making the aerial imaging business tough in my parts, good thing I have my day job ;)

I am worried about submitting my social security number and bank account info to them. Didn't that make you nervous?

Dan

I have done 26 panos over six weeks, and have been paid for ten so far.
Eight of those were the first 13, then only two of the last 13. Maybe the holidays, but losing motivation!
I always Google the address to verify that the property is still on the market before heading out, and have skipped a couple that didn't have a "for sale" sign up when I got there.
I am worried about submitting my social security number and bank account info to them. Didn't that make you nervous?

Dan
They seem like a pretty legit company, I'm gonna give them a try. Just like any company, always best to get in early IMO.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic