360 photos as html?? need help

Reaction score
hello
im trying to figure out why if i take 360 pano (or any pano) my pc shows it as an html.
in app panos are shown correctly but when im trying to upload it on fb or any other site the 360 pano is shown as a flat image.. it doesnt get recognised as 360..

im attaching a 360 as is shown on my computer..

any thoughts??

Attachments

• IMG_20230429_101337.jpg
    IMG_20230429_101337.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 88
A Pano is a collection of a number of photos taken and then stitched together, it may be that you have to retrieve the pictures from the SD card then use a pano stitching program to get a pano, popular apps are HUGIN MS ICE as well as others, i suggest you google creating a pano for best advice

Reactions: Harleydude
A Pano is a collection of a number of photos taken and then stitched together, it may be that you have to retrieve the pictures from the SD card then use a pano stitching program to get a pano, popular apps are HUGIN MS ICE as well as others, i suggest you google creating a pano for best advice
i want to shoot n go.. not something that needs time (that i dont have) and of course pay for it when you can have it in app for free (like a mavic does) .. app stitches the photos but ive read that it needs some metadata to be recognised as a 360 and not as a flat image.. really dont know why its shown as html on a pc..

hello
im trying to figure out why if i take 360 pano (or any pano) my pc shows it as an html.
in app panos are shown correctly but when im trying to upload it on fb or any other site the 360 pano is shown as a flat image.. it doesnt get recognised as 360..

im attaching a 360 as is shown on my computer..

any thoughts??
The most reliable solution I’ve found as of December 2021 is to fix the metadata with a website called NadirPatch. Just upload your photo here in JPG format. In a few seconds, you can download the file with the corrected version.

To test if the corrected photo is recognized as a 360 photo before you post it, go to Facebook and create a post (but don’t actually post it yet). In the draft post, upload the corrected photo. If you see the 360 logo (circled in magenta below), then that means the photo is recognized as 360, and it should work for Facebook and Google Street View.

i want to shoot n go.. not something that needs time (that i dont have) and of course pay for it when you can have it in app for free (like a mavic does) .. app stitches the photos but ive read that it needs some metadata to be recognised as a 360 and not as a flat image.. really dont know why its shown as html on a pc..

i have just downloaded a bunch of pictures from a DJI pocket that my son was using and I guess he tried to capture panos with it, and it has a bunch of these HTML files but also the associated pano images in folders with the same names as the HTML files so im guessing you will have a similar thing somewhere on the SD card.

Not all devices will auto stitch a pano for you, the Litchi app for the DJI quads does do this however which is why most people like it. Plus you can upload it straight to facebook

5.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl