Drone will take pictures and 720p video but anything above will freeze the record button

When I said cache, I was referring to the controller sending a low res version of whatever you are videoing to your phone or tablet. Check your settings to make sure that this is off because it really sucks up the processing power which is, after all, trying to record your video to the card. Good luck. I hate to see unresolved problems.....

When I said cache, I was referring to the controller sending a low res version of whatever you are videoing to your phone or tablet. Check your settings to make sure that this is off because it really sucks up the processing power which is, after all, trying to record your video to the card. Good luck. I hate to see unresolved problems.....
Might have found a problem but I'm not sure if this makes sense, bear with me... On the normal P3s the SD card goes into the gimbal plate above the gimbal, sorta in between the body and the actual gimbal assembly right? On the SE the SD card slides directly in the camera. So my first thought is that on a normal P3s it sends the data up the ribbon cable and then stores it in the card. On the SE the camera sensor behind the lens is literally 5mm away from the SD card slot, so does it send it directly there or does it go up the ribbon cable loop back down and into the card? I pulled my gimbal board which sits in the gimbal panel above the gimbal , and one of the water damage stickers was red. But everything else works perfectly. This board is completely isolated from the camera and the SD card slot, so unless the data has to travel from the camera sensor alllllll the way up to that board and back down, would this board be a problem? Sorry if I'm making this too complicated , here's a pic:

PS- The shiny wet looking spots aren't wet spots, like the corner closest to me in the picture for example, that from me removing the thermal compound to inspect the board components.

20190212_202705.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so digging deeper I believe the above board is not damage because it does all the functions it's supposed to. Digging deeper to the "encoder board", the board the sits directly behind the camera board and i found this:

InkedIMG_8017_LI.jpg

Teach me. What's this part. What you thinking?

It's an encoding board it takes the image from the camera and compresses it and sends it to the live view that you see on the phone when flying the drone, the HUD. It's a false alarm either way, after some cleaning it turned out to just be sharpie writing from factory, and the way the light was hitting it, it was causing it to look "burnt"

Reactions: JazzAir

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub