Drone Tilts Noticeably when Panning

Place the gimbal in Follow mode and not FPV. That should clear things up for you so you can really enjoy your weekend.

Place the gimbal in Follow mode and not FPV. That should clear things up for you so you can really enjoy your weekend.

Frank, when I put mine in FPV, the screen tilts fast and hard to the left and right when I roll left and right, not when yawing. His does it slowly when yawing.

Frank, when I put mine in FPV, the screen tilts fast and hard to the left and right when I roll left and right, not when yawing. His does it slowly when yawing.

Did you get the setting changed?

What do you mean Frank? I changed it to FPV and the screen tilts fast and hard so I changed it back to Follow.

So that means you have all around different issue to be worked out. I will look over your 1st post again to try and get a better idea what's up.

So both of you have two different types of issues going on. The THH craft is more of a common situation and likely no malfunction taking place. If anything a few tweaks in the settings. I don't think you are taking the constant wind blowing at your higher altitudes. If you want to compare the A/C's characteristics, You can stand behind the A/C with pointing whatever direction you begin with and do your simple roll checks. The fly the A/C to the opposite side from where you are standing and do the same comparison test.

And on DennyBoBenny's A/C, this in my opinion is a mechanical issue. I would want to look at the flight log data on the .txt file ONLY if the A/C has GO app version 2.8.3 or lower. If it doesn't have that version, there is 2 options. 1st option is to delete the current GO app and install a fresh copy of v2.8.3. Or.....

Upload the .dat flight log file and place it in your dropbox public folder and copy the public lonk and pasted it here to be diagnosed.

So both of you have two different types of issues going on. The THH craft is more of a common situation and likely no malfunction taking place. If anything a few tweaks in the settings. I don't think you are taking the constant wind blowing at your higher altitudes. If you want to compare the A/C's characteristics, You can stand behind the A/C with pointing whatever direction you begin with and do your simple roll checks. The fly the A/C to the opposite side from where you are standing and do the same comparison test.

And on DennyBoBenny's A/C, this in my opinion is a mechanical issue. I would want to look at the flight log data on the .txt file ONLY if the A/C has GO app version 2.8.3 or lower. If it doesn't have that version, there is 2 options. 1st option is to delete the current GO app and install a fresh copy of v2.8.3. Or.....

Upload the .dat flight log file and place it in your dropbox public folder and copy the public lonk and pasted it here to be diagnosed.

Here is the .dat file link: Dropbox - FLY012.DAT

Here is the .dat file link: Dropbox - FLY012.DAT

I just now downloaded your file. I have another in front of you I hope to get finished this evening. I will get with you as I may have a question at some point. Hang in there.

Btw, I also re read where I mentioned deleting the GO app and installing 2.8.3 to send a usable copy of the txt file. That is bad info and not correct. The A/C would need 2.8.3 prior to the flight, and then everything would be good as gold.

I just now downloaded your file. I have another in front of you I hope to get finished this evening. I will get with you as I may have a question at some point. Hang in there.

Btw, I also re read where I mentioned deleting the GO app and installing 2.8.3 to send a usable copy of the txt file. That is bad info and not correct. The A/C would need 2.8.3 prior to the flight, and then everything would be good as gold.

Hey DennyBoBenny- I got a visit from the man with a bag of trix and I now have the necessary tools to view your TXT file. I would appreciate it if you would take the time to upload here when you get the chance. Thanks!

Btw, I want to compare the info to your DAT file I already have.

Hey DennyBoBenny- I got a visit from the man with a bag of trix and I now have the necessary tools to view your TXT file. I would appreciate it if you would take the time to upload here when you get the chance. Thanks!

Btw, I want to compare the info to your DAT file I already have.

Frank, I'm not in a hurry so take your time. I really appreciate you taking time out of your day help me. Here's the link to what I hope is the correct .txt file. If it's not, or if you need anything else let me know. Dropbox - DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-18_[18-03-35].txt

Yes, I received it back from DJI around the middle of August. I didn't see a .txt file on my computer, iPad or iPhone dated August 16th, which is the date of the .dat file. I will double check again tonight when I get home.

I believe the date seen on the dat file is the date downloaded. It changes each it is saved. Such as your dat file I have now reads: Yesterday, ‎October ‎02, ‎2016, ‏‎8:54:00 PM . It would probably be a good idea to manually add the date in the file name when saving like the csv files have.

The properties of the dat file shows it was created on 9-7-2016 and modified on 8-16-2016 which makes no sense to me. I figured it had to be created on the earlier date so that's the one I used. It's my fault for being so unorganized with the files. I don't show that flight in the Go app on my phone, so I'll check my iPad when I get home. Sorry for the confusion. I know the dat file is the right one that corresponds with the short clip I posted because I converted it to csv and opened it in csv view, but I'm a novice at interpreting the data. The long straight-away towards the end of the flight is when it was in RTH mode and that is when the horizon was rolling back and forth with no stick input from me.

Last edited:
Frank, that flight is not on my iPad or iPhone. I haven't deleted any flights and I always sync both devices so they both are up to date. I have no idea why that particular flight is missing. Murphy's law I guess. I've downloaded the flight records from both devices and the txt file from that flight is not there. I just went back in my Apple time machine and it's not in there, so it never got transferred to my Mac.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic