Drone survives epic crash - have others had this good fortune?

Reaction score
DJI Phantom 3 Standard drone (sunhans boosted) survived a crash into a chimney of a DECOMMISSIONED power station. Crash was caused by loss of signal and RTH. The drone bounced on impact, tumbled and fell, though recovered soon after, returning minus an LED cover and with torn transfers caused by a slight buckling of both fore arms

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
MAN Oh man.....Your really very lucky......I recall a mod here posting that its Against a Federal law to fly over a " Active" Power Plant.
Hope that he will see this post and message to further clarify this...in fact i have sent him a private message to reply here .

Last edited:
MAN Oh man.....Your really very lucky......I recall a mod here posting that its Against a Federal law to fly over a " Active" Power Plant.
Hope that he will see this post and message to further clarify this...in fact i have sent him a private message to reply here .
Plant has been decommissioned with chimneys now redundant.

People have campaigned for those towers to be saved from destruction on account of their landmark status.

Both chimneys are capped and there follows a video of an idiot climbing one
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No safety net: Young man videos himself scaling Poolbeg chimney

Last edited:
My DJI Phantom 3 Standard drone (sunhans boosted) survived a head on crash into a power station chimney which was caused by loss of signal due to an obstruction in my line of control and a RTH. The drone impacted, bounced. tumbled and fell, though recovered soon after.
I don't see a link for the video...

Reactions: Rohanm
Looks like “They” got him.
images.jpeg

dam lucky to survive that encounter, just goes to show how bullet proof these drones can be (excluding FW updates of course)

Reactions: Douglas Scott Sr
It's pretty rare for a P3 to recover from a collision with a large object. The pilot should start buying lottery tickets.

I have a P3 as well. I have crashed it several times.
Only broken props so far but many dents, cracks apnd scrapes.
Sending it in as
well as controler.
The thing is just stout!
Which is good I'm hard on my things
Great video good luck and safe flying.

Reactions: Douglas Scott Sr

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member