Drone survives epic crash - have others had this good fortune?

DJI Phantom 3 Standard drone (sunhans boosted) survived a crash into a chimney of a DECOMMISSIONED power station. Crash was caused by loss of signal and RTH. The drone bounced on impact, tumbled and fell, though recovered soon after, returning minus an LED cover and with torn transfers caused by a slight buckling of both fore arms

My Phanto 3 4K tried trimming off the top of a 30+foot tree. The tree won. The drone, still operating bounced its way down through all the branches and landed upside down. I picked it up and the props started spinning, all was fine, no cracks etc. of course if I hadn’t almost messed my pants I would have turned it off right away. Very fortunate for sure. Your chimney was definaty harder than the branches, lol

High praise for my two P3S. 800 logged Airdata flights..Robust, well made, dependable..Semper Fi
At 70 it doesn’t take a lot to excite me, but flying my 3 4K is just the ticket. I wish they made goggles for it, then again maybe I should stick with simple, lol. Always Faithful.

Perfect example of Murphy's Law and what I like to call the Law of Proximity! Glad your drone survived.

Sadly crashed it last weekend in Waterford Ireland and repairs will be a tad expensive. Battery cut out at 6% whilst at 90 metres elevation and 1.3 km distance ... drone falling into a field. Located it using last known coordinates as displayed on Litchi. Fortunately it made it to land. Found camera the following day and somewhat unfortunately .. after a heavy fall of rain. Now need replacement gimble. Surprisingly drone appears to be working as it still responds to controller input. 7 lives left perhaps

Sadly crashed it last weekend in Waterford Ireland and repairs will be a tad expensive. Battery cut out at 6% whilst at 90 metres elevation and 1.3 km distance ... drone falling into a field. Located it using last known coordinates as displayed on Litchi. Fortunately it made it to land. Found camera the following day and somewhat unfortunately .. after a heavy fall of rain. Now need replacement gimble. Surprisingly drone appears to be working as it still responds to controller input. 7 lives left perhaps
Rainwater should not have killed your gimble- would be worth a disassemble and good clean and dry.

Reactions: Rohanm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik