Drone recommendation

Reaction score
I am looking for a simple drone that I can use to inspect my house and gutters, and maybe some other fun uses.
Criteria would be
  1. camera good enough to record from a safe distance (I read on this forum that GPS flight results in several feet of variation)
  2. flight time: not sure, maybe 10 minutes tops - seems like most lower end flights are 20 minutes
  3. GPS or other waypoint programming with elevations and camera angle
  4. Not line of site - I could follow it easily enough though.
  5. Lower on the cost end

I found this thread on a drone recommendations and am wondering if there are any others recommendations.

Thanks for your thoughts.

DJI brands are more on the "costly" end of the scale. So if you're looking for the most budget DJI drone that meets most if notr all your criteria, I'd go that one. Surprised not more people have responded. I am getting Mavic mini shortly, but it does use a different app to the Phantom/Mavic series drones.

RoOSTA

If you're after Dji drone: Since Mavic Minis are now ruling the low-end segment, the cost of used Spark got quite low.
For inspecting roofs and short flights, Spark is good enough.

It also has that gesture mode which you use to impress your friends - start it from hand, then you can use gestures to make it take a photo, start to record a movie, make it closer or further. Useless IRL but good for showing to friends and family.

Spark also fits in narrow places, better than any other Dji drone. It's smaller than Mini, even though it weights much more.

Cons: Short flight time, limited range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj