Drone RC looses signal after just 70m and returns to HP

Reaction score
Hi guys, so my drone is just 3 weeks old. Already updated the hardware of drone and RC. When I try to fly it more than 70m away from the remote it looses signal and returns to home point. This is unacceptable right? I attached a video I made with the problem. Can someone please help me to identify the problem??

Looks like your p2 switch is in middle, not fully up. Could be wrong but ..

I have a brand new P3S and have the same problem. P3S flies apx. 75-100m then disconnects. I've used Litchi app as well as DJI Go. My Phantom 2.2 flew much further. I tried different locations with the same result. It's not in beginner mode either. And I always get a strong interference warning. I am using an iPhone 6 that's a couple years old but it has the iOS 10.3.1, which is the latest. I also have the Skyreat Copper Parabolic Antenna. Hate to think how short the distance would be without it. :-( Do I need to buy some fancy extender like the DBS range extender?
- Thanks- Johnson from Kentucky

@Abrie
Welcome to the Forum!

Have you seen your unit work like it should, or its been like this since the beginning?

Rod

@Abrie
Welcome to the Forum!

Have you seen your unit work like it should, or its been like this since the beginning?

Rod
Been like this from the get-go. Just can't figure out why. I'd be happy with 400-500m distance for the type of filming I do.

To all, If it is a Standard, return it.
If its working correctly in clean air, it will do as advertised.

Rod

bought a p3s in jan. now all of a sudden will only fly 100 ft in height then loses gps signal and wants to land. used to fly up to 260-300 ft.

Welcome to the Forum!

Doesn't sound like fun.

Loosing GPS signal is not the same as loosing Remote signal, What do you mean it wants to land?

Rod

Doesn't sound correct, if it looses GPS, it will switch to Atti, and doesn't RTH, without GPS it can't RTH, I think it will just hover.

If you playback your flight on your mobile does this message still get displayed?

Rod

It says gps signal lost returning home. Sorry
If is indeed saying "GPS lost" and then it says "Returning to home" there is something wrong with either the firmware or with the flight controller itself. (The firmware should know that it cannot do a RTH if it doesn't have a GPS signal to navigate by.) If you have recently updated the firmware, try to go back to the older version you were using and see if you can still fly successfully with it.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20