Drone randomly cut out mid flight, crashed and ruined body, what happened?

I think some people might confused about CSC thinking it is an instant shut down.

When the props are spinning, CSC is designed to stop the motors - but most experienced pilots use it only in an emergency. They know it's best to use the down-elevator stick for a smooth shut off whether it be a hand-catch or a landing on the ground because CSC risks the props accelerating for a split second - spinning at different speeds just before shut off which could cause instability.

Why is that?

Because CSC is not quite an instant shut off. It takes about a half second or so. You have to hold the sticks in the lower corners and wait for about a half second for the motors to begin to slow down and stop. If you touch CSC for an instant and then release the sticks to neutral center, the motors will continue running.

Pull the crash logs from the dji folder in your phone assuming its android and post them here so i can see if the controller interpreted it as a csc command, its imperative that you calibrate controllers (because the phantom may have read it fully down..) and IMU before any operations using the dji software. Also, make sure your not within 1.8 miles of an airport or no fly zones, if you are, the p2 will say system error and land/cut motors.

DJI really needs to fix the single CSC command of the left throttle stick fully down shut off command.. its been causing SO many crashes.

I landed or went straight down several times holding the left stick completly down and nothing happened. I don't think the kill engine command goes in mid flight only after touchdown ... maybe I'm wrong but like I've said several times no problems at all.

Reactions: AzDroner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj