Drone pilot shoots neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh........ NOW we venture into MY kind of issue. Though it certainly has absolutely nothing to do with drone flight. As all have said, people are basically stupid; media has desensitized the average Joe into believing he has no responsibilities; people are too quick to find blame elsewhere than themselves. They expect too much, without consequence or cost.

While I agree (as anyone with common sense would) that shooting someone over a drone flight OR a bottle to the head is foolish, we can only surmise that by what we know of the incident. We were not there! Only the parties involved know what really happened and what precipitated the incident. Remember, media (newspapers, TV, etc) need to make a profit. How do they do that? Sensationalism, of course. What's a hot topic these days? Drones, guns, drugs....... I didn't read the article, and I don't NEED nor want to. It's media hype! It sells!!! They want to sell air time for that next Campbell's Soup ad so they can have their nice homes and cars. Nothing wrong with that. What IS wrong is that some choose to automatically believe what they see, hear or read from the media. Look at the very internet we're chatting on. It's a shame that we have come to that.

I own a P3, and I own many guns (I just like the shooting sports). I also believe in the right to keep and bear arms and to protect my family. I have a concealed carry license. My little peashooter is in my pocket any time it is legal to carry. I've never used it, nor do I ever expect to (I clean the pocket dust out of it every six months or so).

So, the bottom line to all this rant (.......get me going and look what happens!) is that drones do not injure people and neither do guns. People do that! We should NEVER be in a position that would allow a drone to hurt anyone or we are irresponsible. Likewise, we would be irresponsible if our guns ever hurt anyone UNLESS there is a threat to life. If I or my family is under a life threat, you can bet I will shoot. As stated previously, better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

End of rant. Back to drones and flight. Sorry for the use of all that bandwidth!

By the way......... as another poster mentioned, educating the public on proper drone usage and capabilities (or lack thereof) is best practice to promote our sport.

So it is with guns as well. The average citizen has no clue how responsible, educated and safe most gun owners are. Remember, they get their "truths and facts" from the media. I never hide the fact that I am legally carrying a gun, for protection of myself and my family. I WANT people to know that I am there, with a gun, and I'm an educated, sane individual that will make every attempt to keep my fellow man safe as well. I take pride in answering questions and explaining the particulars of firearms ownership and use for life preservation. Too many concealed carry folks (in my opinion) want to keep it a secret and avoid other's impressions of them.

Carry on! And fly on!

And until I can find out more or someone that does on the Main Topic and lets me know this isn't going to continue as it is now . This isn't a gun forum and I
should have known better than to post that . So for the moment ....
IMG_9413.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl