Drone pilot shoots neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no proof that the drone or because he was flying the drone had anything to do with the incident. Just a bunch of media speculation. I’m sure more will be said soon and the truth will come out.

Reactions: Providian623
If he was being attacked then he used the gun correctly. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Not necessarily true. However, we do not know the entire story. Still, a fist fight doesn't constitute one shooting another. My next question becomes, why did the shooter have a gun on him while flying a drone? Did he go retrieve it from his home, a car? A lot of questions yet to be answered.

Not necessarily true. However, we do not know the entire story. Still, a fist fight doesn't constitute one shooting another. My next question becomes, why did the shooter have a gun on him while flying a drone? Did he go retrieve it from his home, a car? A lot of questions yet to be answered.
I fly in fairly remote desert outside Las Vegas and never go out unarmed, whether flying, hiking or offroading. Certainly, a drone is not worth someone's life including mine. It is not just about the drone. As I stated in a previous post, this guy was just a bad actor.

An updated article says the fight and shooting was initiated because the drone pilot hit the shooter's wife with a bottle. The article goes on to say the two may have also argued over the use of the drone.

Whatever the reason, this is just downright stupid.

Drone may have prompted Lake Isabella shooting

Reactions: DKG13CC
I fly in fairly remote desert outside Las Vegas and never go out unarmed, whether flying, hiking or offroading. Certainly, a drone is not worth someone's life including mine. It is not just about the drone. As I stated in a previous post, this guy was just a bad actor.

I'm a retired LEO so I always have one nearby. Totally understand your situation & agree the guy was a bad actor. Stay safe and good flying.

Reactions: Offroader
An updated article says the fight and shooting was initiated because the drone pilot hit the shooter's wife with a bottle. The article goes on to say the two may have also argued over the use of the drone.

Whatever the reason, this is just downright stupid.

Drone may have prompted Lake Isabella shooting

From the link you provided it seems that it was the UAV pilots' wife who was hit with the bottle and the pilot retaliated by shooting the neighbor.
HE wasn't flying the UAV at the time. That was brought up after the shooting as one of the possible reasons there was some ongoing agitation between the neighbors.

From the link you provided it seems that it was the UAV pilots' wife who was hit with the bottle and the pilot retaliated by shooting the neighbor.
HE wasn't flying the UAV at the time. That was brought up after the shooting as one of the possible reasons there was some ongoing agitation between the neighbors.
Thank you for the correction

Typical of the media to focus upon making the headline of the shooting incident about the irrelevant drone, rather than the precipitating assault upon the shooter's wife by the victim with a bottle, which was the real reason for the shooting! :rolleyes:

But before we start on that lets find out why that happened . You can speculate
all you want but unless you were there you have no clue why he hit her with the bottle . Not taking any sides here but all this speculation is just that .
Maybe she came at him with something and he was protecting himself . See
You just don't know All the facts as like you say the media is what it is .

But before we start on that lets find out why that happened . You can speculate
all you want but unless you were there you have no clue why he hit her with the bottle . Not taking any sides here but all this speculation is just that .
Maybe she came at him with something and he was protecting himself . See
You just don't know All the facts as like you say the media is what it is .
Indeed. I was merely focusing on the media use of the drone as the cause in the headline, when it appears, instead, in the fine print, that some separate altercation between the victim and the shooter's wife was the primary precipitating event that set off the shooter, rather than an issue with his drone use. Both articles cited above reference the altercation of the victim with the shooter's wife in which she was allegedly struck in the head with a bottle by the victim, regardless of why, as what set off the shooter. Doesn't sound drone related to me, from what has been reported thus far, but let's see. Time will tell. :cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Well I agree I'm just saying we can speculate and this turn into something that
get's out of hand . I just had to delete 3 post as this is a international forum and though I agreed with the post I can't let other's be offended from other nations
reading this .
Time will tell as you say .

Everybody is under more pressure and more volatile these days. This isn't really a drone story, it's a story about the world these days. Fights start over the stupidest stuff.

Same as road rage. People are tense already and fly off the handle with irrational response. This is a human-to-human issue, rather than a drone problem. Legislators are already writing law that if you fly a drone and carry a gun you have to have a background check.

Same as road rage. People are tense already and fly off the handle with irrational response. This is a human-to-human issue, rather than a drone problem. Legislators are already writing law that if you fly a drone and carry a gun you have to have a background check.
I don't see how the 2 have anything to do with each other. I carry a gun and I sometimes fly UAVs. I've been carrying a gun for more than 30 years. I've only been flying a UAV for a year.
If I'm dressed I'm armed. Pants on, gun on. I've had so many background checks done I'm convinced that after a nuclear war the only 2 things that will survive will be cockroaches and towering stacks of my background checks and fingerprint cards.

I don't see how the 2 have anything to do with each other. I carry a gun and I sometimes fly UAVs. I've been carrying a gun for more than 30 years. I've only been flying a UAV for a year.
If I'm dressed I'm armed. Pants on, gun on. I've had so many background checks done I'm convinced that after a nuclear war the only 2 things that will survive will be cockroaches and towering stacks of my background checks and fingerprint cards.

Dude, I’m joking about the background check! But this situation is exactly the same as road rage. People up tight, confrontational over a minor issue and one of them goes over the top.

Reactions: Cellblock776
Not very accurate the first article. I carry a gun in remote areas. Stupid not to up here, as long as you feel comfortable doing so. Also, had some training. Carrying a gun has saved my life at least three times. From a beating once. If you shot someone, it will cost at least $50k, and a wrongful dead suit to follow. But, I am to old and screwed up to have anyone, or thing try to hurt me. It is always up to them. Give me a chance to leave, and I am gone.

Reactions: DKG13CC
LOL! Same here. Been carying for about 25 yeays and worked in gaming for about the same. Need gaming card to work in gaming industry; finger prints, background check, etc.

If you carry a gun, odds are you have already had a background check. I just got my conceal carry permit last month after a background check and will get another when I purchase a gun.

Besides, if you fly for hobby, and have attended conceal carry classes, and have common sense, background check is a waste. If you are a criminal flying armed, probably not allowed the gun to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20