Drone Mods UAV Locator - GPS Tracker

Zip-tied to camera guard.. :lol:

RO37wNW.jpg

So far.. it's working out aerodynamically and doesn't seem to affect the compass (I rang the tracker while the assistant software is on and the MOD value didn't freak out at all). :?

UrAwFuL said:
Fdnyfish said:
Urawful, when you get a text message from your locator, does the message end with a B##

Just called it.. Yep. Not sure what it means though..

I'm thinking battery percentage . I have been testing the heck out of it all day and that number gets lower and lower. I want to make sure I get a low battery warning at 20%

Fdnyfish said:
I'm thinking battery percentage . I have been testing the heck out of it all day and that number gets lower and lower. I want to make sure I get a low battery warning at 20%

Sweet! Good know what what it probably is.

I guess it's either I didn't really look into the manual well or it wasn't really documented at all. :lol:

Received mine yesterday. when I power on or off or press the sos button I almost instantly get an email. the problem is I have no idea what the phone number is. their was nothing in the one page instructions telling me how to register or retrieve the #? any ideas? I sent them an email, no response yet.

Thanks

VINITA said:
Received mine yesterday. when I power on or off or press the sos button I almost instantly get an email. the problem is I have no idea what the phone number is. their was nothing in the one page instructions telling me how to register or retrieve the #? any ideas? I sent them an email, no response yet.

Thanks

Look on the top of the instruction papers that were in the package. You number is listed there

I have the Drone Mods tracker and I like it but the paperwork that comes with really tells you nothing. Can't find any good info on youtube etc that helps. Very little info on it.

Did you happen to see the first post in this thread, Monte? Specs, PDF, two videos... seems like ample information, no?

Was there something in particular you're looking to find?

I just got mine yesterday, I reported in another thread that it was within 2 feet in a steak and shake parking lot and it was. I posted that on my mobile while waiting for my food. I pinged it again in the same place 45 minutes later and it was off 23 parking spots to the north. I am actually kind of disappointed here on day two and scanning for the other post I made to edit for accuracy of my feed back.

As far as directions, just call the # on the paper, wait for any kind of an answer and hang up. It will email and text within a minute and give the lat. lon. and battery % and a link to google earth and you will be advised with in 2 to 250 feet of your tracker as best I can tell. . All for now.

P.S. if you ping it in a moving car, it will make it's mark maybe 15-20 seconds after the call is answered. Can be off a 1/4 mile in this case and you will need to ping it twice to understand direction of travel. I used the supplied velcro to attach under my battery box on P2, this is less than perfect as I have to remove it to plug in if I choose to instead of pulling the SD card.

ProfessorStein said:
Did you happen to see the first post in this thread, Monte? Specs, PDF, two videos... seems like ample information, no?

Was there something in particular you're looking to find?

I have been following this thread. I'll go back and look. Maybe I missed something.

Yeah, I saw those videos. The instructions don't explain what the random blue flash means. It also doesn't mention the light status when fully charged. When you plug in the charger, right led blinks red and then will turn to green flashing. I expected the green flashing was close to full charge and full charge was a solid green. That's not the case. The tracker is supposed to get you to 150 feet or less. That's true most of the time. Ones that claim 5 or ten feet have no way of knowing that. It depends on weather, and which sattelites are being used at the time. Sometimes I will get the text back within a minute but if I don't and start driving and get the text a few minutes later, the position could be way off from where I called it. I would say if the tracker is moving when you call it the accuracy will be way off. On a downed quad this wouldn't be an issue. It would be a while before you found it so it has time to get a good fix. I test mine every day. I also compare its coordinates against a Garmin Oregon 400 handheld gps that was about $400 new. I can sit in one spot over a period of time and get different coordinates from gps units as different satellites are being used.

The Tagg tracker is almost half the weight (1.1 oz.) and seems to have a better interface....It is a couple bucks more per month though...Mine is extremely accurate. :)

I have hit mine twice since lunch and it was within 60' both times so not to far off. I liked the low $5.83/monthly. I can see multiple uses and will keep it active long term. What is some of the other version battery life. I thought 14 days on this one was great and is rechargeable.

A day late and a drone short. I just lost my new FC40 and really wish I had purchased something like this. I'm going to do some due diligence on this and probably order one soon for my next Phantom. A lot of the others I've found don't work very well or cost quite a bit more per month in charges.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20