Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Drone Mods UAV locator

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Monte55, May 10, 2016.

1. Monte55

I emailed Bob at Drone Mods about whether the Drone Mods locator will be affected by some providers doing away with 2 G. He said their network is not affected by this and it will continue to work as normal. I was a bit worried as some have stated some trackers will cease to work soon. I have had mine for two years and still like it. .

2. John Friend Webre

Have gone to Drone Mods website and there are no products listed. Have they gone out of business? If yes, how can I continue to use my locator? Can I go to any AT&T store and reconnect my locator phone number and it will then work again?

3. wnwiii

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution for keeping your locator activated, since the company (Drone-Mods.com) went out of business?
    I ordered my Drone Mods UAV Locator almost 3 years ago, but never used it once. Now I want to have it reactivated and the company that supports it went belly-up.

Is it confirmed that AT&T was the carrier that he was using for service?

4. Monte55

Anyone come up with a solution yet. My drones mods gps tracker worked the last time I used it...Dec 6 2017. Now when I call, it won't go through. I even emailed bob at drone mods and the email was not delivered. I believe the company that provided the service was GTX or something like that. I understood it was a very large company. Can't find anything on the net about the tracker now except old reviews etc from 2014 on youtube etc.