Drone Lost in Mission Viejo

Reaction score
Its a Shot in the dark, but worth a try: I had a “fly away” about a year ago(Jan) in the Arbolitos/Siruela Area. We figured it went due West, bad weather conditions. We looked in the open field/creek area but to no avail. It has a red &Black skin and Blackhaw stickers. I would appreciate any information and no it did not have a tracking device.
Thank you for your time and consideration...

Do you have flight logs?

When I get home I will upload it but to make a long story short, the gps tracker malfunctioned and after a long battle with DJI(they don’t care)..we gave up the fight....
My membership photo is my lost drone

Attachments

• 3E146AB5-EBFF-4127-B5A4-AA1673FE9B6C.jpeg
    3E146AB5-EBFF-4127-B5A4-AA1673FE9B6C.jpeg
    458.3 KB · Views: 441
Reactions: 3putts
When I get home I will upload it but to make a long story short, the gps tracker malfunctioned and after a long battle with DJI(they don’t care)..we gave up the fight....
My membership photo is my lost drone
Very nice looking drone

sorry to hear that. i just got another P3S after trying to fix my previous one. This one I have insured. Only costs $50 a year, covers fly aways

Definitely! As well as adding a tracking device and a label with my contact # etc. I just wish I could find my original

Yeah I have my contact info on the micro sd and will be adding a decal with ph #
i hope you find yours. have you looked on ebay or craigslist in that area? someone may have it for sale or listed as found. worth a shot

Thank you for the Microchip idea, I bought a tracking device for my replacement and stickers with my phone #. I will look on eBay but I doubt If there.

Will do! Many thanks!
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident and maybe where it ended up.

Unfortunately, your log contains no GPS data, so finding the last known coordinates will be impossible.

I see you were recording video while your Phantom was auto landing at the end of the flight. If you cached that video on your mobile device, you should be able to use that video to get pretty close to the landing spot.

Unless I get a metal detector it probably sits in the bushy ivy somewhere surrounding that area. A real nightmare, I do have some still from the last signal received

Why is there no GPS data, mobile device was receiving the other data.
Has anybody seen this before?

Do your other logs look the same?

Sucks to loose your bird, I lost my Homing Pigeon (only once).:eek:
Actually I searched for carrier pigeon (spelling). I found this, Pigeon – Send Messages By Carrier Pigeon. :rolleyes:

Really I have or had a missing P2V+.

We stay grounded unless Marco Polo agrees we are ready to fly. ;)

Rod

Rod, it was cloudy but when I lifted off my friend’s backyard I had GPS and then it just went caputz! And just took off, we chased looking for it but the Mission Viejo Area is a nightmare to lose one of these birds, hilly and lots of shrubbery..heartbreaking, we sent all info to DJI and of course they absolved themselves of any wrongdoing(shocking). I firmly believe the GPS or signal receptor malfunctioned, but part of me knows it’s laying somewhere out there and wanna find it.

How can someone have a flyaway ?
Like aircraft, drone accidents or malfunctions are more likely than not pilot error.
What say you?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj