Drone Insurance

Mine is covered, drone + 6 batteries + lowepro 450 case. $60/yr Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark C.
My policy says right on it I think that's it's for loss coverage, not for liability, if one says it and the other doesn't, guess which one is wrong? I can....

You lost me. What's your point? Mine specifically says that there is $100k of liability coverage on the drone policy. I also have a letter from my SF agent saying that damage to other's person/property (ie. liability) is first covered by my homeowner policy and then the $100k on the drone policy kicks in. I'm set in every direction. Apparently you're not.

This has nothing to do with the subject of the posting but "Why" can some body tell me is my photo of me and my GT 40 appering on the header of some replies!!!!!! Bob Charlton

I'm in New Hampshire, I was told it covers everything, full coverage. This is a new policy for State Farm. The policy was actually $21 but the agency has a minimum on policy issues of $60.

Mark C.....If you can email your agent info, I am in NH also. [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
f086c07689c8127e90cd8e6bb92e81bc.jpg

You lost me. What's your point? Mine specifically says that there is $100k of liability coverage on the drone policy. I also have a letter from my SF agent saying that damage to other's person/property (ie. liability) is first covered by my homeowner policy and then the $100k on the drone policy kicks in. I'm set in every direction. Apparently you're not.
My point is YOU stated there is some discrepancies amongst agents, nobody else has liability, that's great but I stand by what I said, if there is a discrepancy, the mere fact there is one is enough to make me check again.
The policy the OP pointed out is a "article for loss" which is what all the others including me have, that's all, good for you, most others are covered under their homeowners or even renters insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I called three SF agencies today. Two said "no" right away and were not interested in researching it. The third one said "no", but would research it. It took a few hours, but she got back to me. My P4, 3 batteries, DroneGuard 450 case, all for $39 per year. Awesome deal!

Bob

Reactions: SGs
Does the insurance include either iPhone, mini iPad etc? I just met with a State Farm Agent. She didn't know if it covers iPhone, iPad, etc. She is going to check with underwriting.

Does the insurance include either iPhone, mini iPad etc? I just met with a State Farm Agent. She didn't know if it covers iPhone, iPad, etc. She is going to check with underwriting.

It is coverage for the drone and batteries. iPad, iPhone, etc are not included in the policy I bought. Ended up being just $34 per year with zero deductible. Sweet deal. Hope I don't need to use it.

Bob

I met with a State Farm Agent today. State Farm started offering the insurance on drones starting in January 2016. Because it is relatively new, many State Farm Agents aren't aware of this insurance. Have your agent call their corporate office for details. I was told it does not cover any liability or damage/loss due to mechanical failure. It will cover almost all accessories, case, cables, etc, but not an iPhone, iPad and other monitors.
The price us $60 which is their minimum cost. Technically the actual cost is really $1.25 per hundred dollars of coverage, with a $60 minimum. So that's why they will cover almost all accessories, aside from the drone itself.

Seen a few replies about Statefarm not insuring drones in California. Is this true?
If so who or where can I get insurance.

I was told it does not cover any liability or damage/loss due to mechanical failure.

Why would it not cover mechanical failure? So just accidental, and they are deferring to the manufacturer for mechanical? So, if a prop comes off at 300 feet because of (pick your reason) and the bird goes down...they would not cover that, vs. if I accidentally flew it into a wood chipper? I don't get that.

Help me out here Im SOOO getting insurance.
I DISLIKE State Farm to NO end.

Anyone know another carrier I can use? I have geico for my cars.

I just got a full coverage policy on my P4 for $60 through State Farm. Covers everything including accesories, fire , theft, lost, damage!

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I took my drone to Colorado with me and I got mine insured through State Farm as well - for $60. I added my Canon camera onto the policy as well! Worked perfect!

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I took my drone to Colorado with me and I got mine insured through State Farm as well - for $60. I added my Canon camera onto the policy as well! Worked perfect!

It's funny how a piece of paper for $60, can take away any anxiety of flying with the fear of crashing and the financial loss!

Reactions: Gary Vaughan
It's funny how a piece of paper for $60, can take away any anxiety of flying with the fear of crashing and the financial loss!

I don't think I would have flown it almost 300 feet high and 1/2 a mile away in the mountains without that $60 binder that I was sent! :) So you're completely correct. I'm getting more confident daily, but that piece of paper allows me to push my comfort level. You're so right!

My State Farm experience:

They will insure a drone (it is your property after all), jewelry, your grandmas beloved salt shakers under what is called a Personal Articles Policy as some have shown on this thread. It ONLY covers that specific item....NOT other things "if you have money left over. It covers anything with no deductible including theft, negligence, fire, water, etc. if you insure it under what is called a Renters or Homeowners Policy there IS a deductible but say it is for $1000....it will cover any loss of your personal items including a
Drone up to $1000. HOWEVER, a Homeowners Policy WILL NOT cover negligence! This
Is a huge negative.

So in summary....a Personal Articles Policy looks promising for coverage around $60
a year for your drone BUT if you have multiple claims for a large amount they may drop that coverage since they only
recouped a small fraction back of what the real cost was to replace. So....you have to gamble. Do you spend a lot less for at least coverage for one mishap and get potentially dropped from the policy
if you make another claim or do you fork over a lot to DJI or other places for essentially unlimited claims during your coverage period?

Also I was
Told that with State Farms policy that due to depreciation in the cost of
Items...that is...things get cheaper
Over time as newer technology replaces yours that they only cover up to that products current
market cost....not the original full amount that you may have thought was covered.

Hope this helps! I have no idea what I will do!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor