Drone Insurance

You can buy coverage for your tablet or phone from either Safeware.com or worthavegroup.com, I have had policies with both companies at times, now I am covered by worthAve but last year was Safeware, I changed because of the better $0 deductable

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

As of today, I can confirm that I got a policy for $75 for one year. No deductible. So, if I take it for an unintended swim I'm covered. Thanks to all on this thread. Now I can go out and learn and not be scared to death!
Ahhhh.
Now, if the **** weather would cooperate ...

As of today, I can confirm that I got a policy for $75 for one year. No deductible. So, if I take it for an unintended swim I'm covered. Thanks to all on this thread. Now I can go out and learn and not be scared to death!
Ahhhh.
Now, if the **** weather would cooperate ...

Assuming you are a current State Farm customer?

Assuming you are a current State Farm customer?
Nope, never done biz with them before. This was my first contact with them. I had to call about 5 different agents before I got someone who knew what I was talking about.
But this seems like a pretty good deal.

I have an update with my State Farm office (I am a customer thru auto also). They quoted me a Personal Articles policy covering $1500 for the drone with no deductible and it was in the $25-$30 a year range!! The hassle is that an adjuster would have to come out and "assess" the cost of repairs. How they would know literally would be impossible....plus the process would take longer. I'm also thinking of a Neary Aerial policy and then when the year is up I can switch to a State Farm policy for cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Nope, never done biz with them before. This was my first contact with them. I had to call about 5 different agents before I got someone who knew what I was talking about.
But this seems like a pretty good deal.

Thanks, does your policy include liability, if not did it come up in your conversations? Sorry for all the questions.. :D

I think the only way you will get liability coverage is to join the AMA. With that they have strict guidelines to follow. So if you are found to be flying where or how you shouldn't, then they won't cover you. On example is the 400 foot ceiling and 5 miles from an airport unless you get traffic control permission.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Got mine through state farm also. Had to call a few but found one that called corporate. State farm started covering drones Jan 2016.

Here in South Florida they're saying its going to be $75, because that's the least amount they can write a policy for

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just got a full coverage policy on my P4 for $60 through State Farm. Covers everything including accesories, fire , theft, lost, damage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you give me your broker's contact info please. I have State Farm and the broker said that "they don't cover drones". Thanks.

This thread is interesting. I didn't even think about insurance for my drone.

What if someone was to become injured by the drone? Is that covered as well?

Thanks in advance!

Headed to sign papers and pay my first year on my new personal property policy with my local State Farm that covers our P4 Black. No deductable. $60/yr. Thanks to this thread/forum! And thanks to the other thread outlining a few uncontrollable fly aways... hahaha. Need to do a pre flight check list to limit exposure seems like.

Headed to sign papers and pay my first year on my new personal property policy with my local State Farm that covers our P4 Black. No deductable. $60/yr. Thanks to this thread/forum! And thanks to the other thread outlining a few uncontrollable fly aways... hahaha. Need to do a pre flight check list to limit exposure seems like.

That's great! What state are you in?

Reactions: GHall

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic