Drone Insurance

I called my local agent here in Florida whom I auto insure with.. They stated they will not cover..! What ate my options?
Go to another agent, tel them to call their head office and speak to the underwriters. I did mine in VA a couple of weeks ago, $41, no minimum policy amount in VA

Go to another agent, tel them to call their head office and speak to the underwriters. I did mine in VA a couple of weeks ago, $41, no minimum policy amount in VA
Thank you. I called them again and pushed back saying it is provided by other sf agents.

Is the $41 for the year? Is it similar to the one posted here for $60?

Thank you. I called them again and pushed back saying it is provided by other sf agents.

Is the $41 for the year? Is it similar to the one posted here for $60?
Yes its $41 a year, some states have not got the minimum premium amount, Virginia doesn't at the moment so i just paid the $41 The $60 ones you are seeing are exactly the same its just those people live in a state that has a minimum of a $60 premium

Last edited:
Yes its $41 a year, some states have not got the minimum premium amount, Virginia doesn't at the moment soi just paid the $41 The $60 ones you are seeing are exactly the ame its just those eople live in a state that has a minimum of a $60 premium
Thank you! You guys are great!

After getting a NO and that they do not provide that. I pushed back just received anl confirmation after they talked to underwriters and apology stating that it's been available since April.

Now they're in the process of insuring me. My only concern is will this affect my auto coverage in case I file a claim?

If so, should I do it with a different SF agent, or different company all together?

Thank you! You guys are great!

After getting a NO and that they do not provide that. I pushed back just received anl confirmation after they talked to underwriters and apology stating that it's been available since April.

Now they're in the process of insuring me. My only concern is will this affect my auto coverage in case I file a claim?

If so, should I do it with a different SF agent, or different company all together?
I believe any claim will affect your insurance, no matter what company you are with for your auto! Im pretty sure all insurance companies can see your claims etc from other companies.

I believe any claim will affect your insurance, no matter what company you are with for your auto! Im pretty sure all insurance companies can see your claims etc from other companies.
Are you absolutely sure?. A drone claim increases you car insurance? Then does a home owner claim increase my drone insurance rate?. Seems a personal property claim would have no relevance to driving record. This doesn't sound right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fireblade1100xx
Are you absolutely sure?. A drone claim increases you car insurance?
No im not 100% sure it will "increase" your car payment but it will affect what they see for your claims etc which in effect is how they get to your premium!

No im not 100% sure it will "increase" your car payment but it will affect what they see for your claims etc which in effect is how they get to your premium!
I think someone needs to file a claim and see exactly what happens.. If they cover the $1400 but raise your car premium by $100/m it's not worth it.. But if it's only a couple dollars that's not too bad.

I wonder if they'll give me that data if I ask.

I think someone needs to file a claim and see exactly what happens.. If they cover the $1400 but raise your car premium by $100/m it's not worth it.. But if it's only a couple dollars that's not too bad.

I wonder if they'll give me that data if I ask.
Just ask your agent. He'll know.

I don't have anything else with State Farm. I don't think I have anything to lose. What will they do. Give me a new drone, then cancel me? That's fine.
Hopefully I never have to use it but if I do I'm covered for now.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: fcat
I went by my State Farm agency yesterday after work and asked them about drone insurance and their first response was that they didn't offer it. I replied that I had read where others had gotten it through SF and she said she would call to check on it. A few minutes later we were filling out paperwork and taking pictures of the drone. My only complaint is that they would not also include my iPad in with the replacement cost of the drone even though I argued that I had purposely bought it to operate the drone and kept it in the same case and that if stolen, it too would be lost. She said simply they did not cover any tablets or mobile phones. I did convince her to roll in the cost of my extra batteries in the cost of the drone even though they were purchased separately. Decent peace of mind for just $5.00 tacked onto my monthly draft for auto and homeowners insurance premiums. (I'm in North Carolina btw.)

Reactions: maseman88
The deal is this, it is $21 but like he said, I went through this 2 months ago and posted it, the minimum policy is like $50, add some taxes and fees it's $60 or, $5 a month is what I pay. Here's where it gets good for those who have nicer more expensive machines like Msinger, it really is like $1.50 for every hundred, thus $21, but because of minimum, for the same price you can get about $3,000 in coverage. So for the same exact price you can get your inspire covered, which is pretty nice, as we all want more expensive UAVs!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My insurance lady actually told me "it's still like $210 policy" and after some literal quick math I realized she had her decimal moved too far, when I explained it at her pace, she demurred and was quite helpful after that. Took a while for me to get the paper in hand but, the policy starts that day, that minute.
I took a pic of the box that showed my serial number and all that, I even sent my FAA card pic. Easy as pie and I've said for months now, it's way cheaper and way better then DJI policy, and trackers. Like my car, if it gets wrecked or stolen, I don't want it back, I don't want to track a downed bird, find it and have hundred of dollars in repairs, screw that, if it goes in the drink, gets ran over, stolen, I'm golden.
Now if you read the policy it says something like "replace whole thing if we give them the remaining parts that work" meaning they will just replace the bird if they can, that depends on your agent likely tho. So if birds wrecked they may want the remote and charger to help cover losses, but this isn't known yet.
Also to note, my agent lists it as "sports equipment" where I think it should be listed as camera or photography hobbyists equipment.

So what happens if you lost the bird in water and unable to recover will they cover that as well? Or would I have to tell them it was stolen for them to cover it.

I'm in Florida, I do not have insurance with State Farm but called them and got a quote for a no deductible policy on my P4 and its $75 for a year

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues