Drone and multi FPV

Reaction score
Hi!
In first time I don´t know if this forums is the correct one, but whatever
I want connect multiples FPV goggles, not necesarily a dji goggles, to one dji drone, at least 10 goggles. I want transmit with a decent quality and do it wireless.
Can I do it? What is the best drone option? and the cheapest?
Can I connect any type of goggles with any type of drone if the video fracuency is the same, 2,4 or 5,8Ghz?

If the drone emitted a video signal in a certain band and chanel, any type of receptor that can receive this channel can receive it. no?

Hi!
In first time I don´t know if this forums is the correct one, but whatever
I want connect multiples FPV goggles, not necesarily a dji goggles, to one dji drone, at least 10 goggles. I want transmit with a decent quality and do it wireless.
Can I do it? What is the best drone option? and the cheapest?
Can I connect any type of goggles with any type of drone if the video fracuency is the same, 2,4 or 5,8Ghz?

If the drone emitted a video signal in a certain band and chanel, any type of receptor that can receive this channel can receive it. no?
Sadly, I don't think it's that simple. Have a read of all of this thread which I found with a search (magnifying glass, top right) and you can probably find more information if you do a search for yourself, using carefully selected keywords.

Phantom 3 Channel <-> Frequency Table

Note this quote from the 2nd page.

"All the experienced FPV flyers know that the DJI products operate on an essentially "proprietary" frequency scheme.".

My guess is that you need a Lightbridge receiver or (just my wild idea - apologies) maybe you could output the video signal from the HDMI module on the controller into a local 5.8Ghz transmitter and then either buy some of these Mini FPV 5.8G OTG 150CH Mini Receiver UVC Video Downlink VR Glasses Android | eBay so that people could use cheap FPV goggles with their own phone - OR just buy some cheap 5.8 Ghz FPV goggles).

5.8GHz 300M HDMI 1080P AV Sender TV Wireless Transmitter Receiver Audio Video AE 941034610103 | eBay

Last edited:
Not easy or cheap. The bird changes chanels for best reception so the most stable way would be a HDMI output card on your RC then a wireless hdmi transmitter to the RC then 10 matched recievers and 10 goggles, this will not be cheap acctualy this will cost more than your drone. Look up hdmi transmiters and try to figure out your best options. one hdmi transmiter and reciever is about $200 and up for better range.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the response
I don't think it will be easy or cheap, I want know the scheme of what I want to do and you have clarify my ideas:
Dron --> RC controller with hdmi output --> hdmi av sender 5.8GHz --> goggles with 5.8GHz receiver

To make a good streming it seem to me that the only option is the lightbridge and it has an hdmi output in wich can connect the AV sender.

In real hardware:

Phantom 4 pro or advanced wich inlgude ligthbridge --> Its RC controller --> http://amzn.eu/bKpn5N2 (270€) or http://amzn.eu/cLsRoNw --> eachine https://shar.es/1LiqPL or fatshark or dji-->

For put everyone in the idea, I want to add a news services to me leisure company and we can invest over 10.000€, if less better. When I say cheap I'm thinking in phanton 4 pro better than a s1000 or the most basic goggles better than a dji goggles. The goggles is only to watch doesn't need show telemetry or head tracking or any other extra function. And the range of the video transmission is 10m or close, the peopple with the goggles will be in a close range to the RC and the AV sender.

Headplay goggles have a 5.8 reciever with 40 different bands, I don't know if one of these bands match the P4 pro. You have telemetry on top and bottom but lots of area for image view. Another possibility may be to miracast to a router and have VR goggles with cheap phones connected to miracast, this would all work in a closed network via wifi and you would not need any internet connection, this option would permit other uses of the goggles like board room or class immersion on saved flights or other subjects. (just a idea)

It's a good idea and I think over it. But in that moment for our objective public I don't want to need any item that I don't provide, like phones. The idea is to give the public the goggles and transmit to these goggles the drone view.
Like steve777 quoted before, the dji has his own channel scheme and maybe is more easy connect an hdmi av sender to the controller and set al the goggles in the same frecuency, and, if I undestand well, we can connect any amount of goggles

Yes the goggles will recieve on a chosen band and there are no limits to the amount of connections as long as you can match the frequency available on the goggles to the emiter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl