DPI,

You shouldn’t need to worry about it, the 72dpi just determines the display size (72dpi being the standard for a computer monitor). Open it in photoshop or another editor and you will see all the pixels are there, nothing is thrown away.

Can someone please tell me if it's possible to change the shooting DPI settings from 72dpi to 300dpi with both the phantom 4 and the phantom 4 Pro
That's not something you can usually change with any camera - because there's no need to.
If you really need to change it for some reason, you do it in software.

You shouldn’t need to worry about it, the 72dpi just determines the display size (72dpi being the standard for a computer monitor). Open it in photoshop or another editor and you will see all the pixels are there, nothing is thrown away.
Thanks for the reply, when converting to 300dpi the image print size is reduced, I was hoping to be able to shoot a larger image for printing, like with a DSLR camera there is the option for file size.

72dpi is good only to see the pic on a computer monitor

Try printing in 72dpi and compare the same pic printed with a 300+dpi

Thanks for the reply, when converting to 300dpi the image print size is reduced, I was hoping to be able to shoot a larger image for printing, like with a DSLR camera there is the option for file size.
Not really. Whether you are shooting with a Phantom, a Nikon or Canon, you can't change the dpi.
Whatever camera you use, it will have a maximum resolution and that's it.
They don't really give you the optionof shooting a larger image, they just give you the option to shoot at smaller resolutions (but not many photographers would have any use for that).
For the P4 pro, the max resolution is 5472 × 3648 = 20 MP and that should be pretty good for most purposes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT