Downloading video?

You are running Vista so you have an older computer. It has a dated processor, graphics system, drive/drive controller, and likely a relatively small amount of RAM. Yet its trying to decode & display a massive video file that may be several times larger than your available RAM. I imagine the computer is at least 7 years old? Might be time for an upgrade! ;)

Thanks for the advice, had a very successful flight and was able to download the entire video of the flight onto my windows vista desktop. The picture quality is phenomenal but is very jerky. It looks like a second of perfect video then it jumps to,a,few seconds later and keeps doing this for the entire length. Ideas? It almost looks like a robbery at a convenience store.

What model of iPhone?, try turning off video caching in the app.

I think Dirty Bird is on your jumping video.

I go clockwise, she went counterclockwise.
You can really turn either way. She is actually from North of the equator :)

Maybe shes a lefty

You cannot fly to a specific lat & long and the DJI GO app does not display the current lat & long. Some third party apps do display it -- Autopilot for example.
It is viewable, after the fact, in the synced up .SRT sidecar subtitle file, though, in the video recorded to the microSD card. Not quite what he wants, but is one way to derive it, if you can fly back to the same location using landmarks in the frame looking straight down, which you previously saw with the .SRT file turned on, when the coordinates matched up or were close.

It is viewable, after the fact, in the synced up .SRT sidecar subtitle file, though, in the video recorded to the microSD card.
Right. You can also find the coordinates in the log. Neither are going to be useful when out flying though.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Indeed. I didn't read closely enough originally. I corrected that somewhere above.
didnotread 1.gif
:)
;)

If this has been answered sorry. No. You have to fly your route and save the drones position, on one hand it's safer in that the risk of crashing from not knowing where the drone will go has been reduced. On the other hand it forces a little to much user input at one time. Gl.

Is there any advantage to replacing the stock 8GB microSD that came with it with the 32GB from my GoPro? Is the video recorded on the iphone or the chip? What little I can tell from the instruction manual is that the chip is just for firmware.

Edited to add: there does not appear to be any red record button on my transmitter...just on my iphone screen.
Last question for the night. Is there a way to enter lat and long for using the quad to find geocaches?

I got the adapter to use my full-sized Ipad on the controller and while the icons are much easier to use, the live video feed is still very delayed. This is a Sept. production Phantom 3 Standard and a 2014 gen Ipad 64GB with Verizon. Is there a setting in the DJI app that lets video become real-time?

I got the adapter to use my full-sized Ipad on the controller and while the icons are much easier to use, the live video feed is still very delayed.
All iPads are too slow. You'll need an iPad Air, iPad Mini, or iPad Pro.

All iPads are too slow. You'll need an iPad Air, iPad Mini, or iPad Pro.

That still shouldn't have any effect on playing back the chip, right? I just got a genuine Apple lightning to micro SD chip reader and the playback is still delayed and jumpy just as it is on the windows machine, so my guess it's recording this way on the chip. Do I need to do something with the camera settings in the app? Thanks

the playback is still delayed and jumpy just as it is on the windows machine, so my guess it's recording this way on the chip
I'm betting it's being caused by your device/computer specs. Try uploading your video to YouTube and see if it still jumps there.

The computer has to process the video (the data), not the SD card.
I only have one computer than play the videos, my wife's laptop. Most of my computers struggle with you tube videos. Most the videos that are posted on this web sight are all choppy.

The computer has to process the video (the data), not the SD card.
I only have one computer than play the videos, my wife's laptop. Most of my computers struggle with you tube videos. Most the videos that are posted on this web sight are all choppy.
How is the live feed during flight? My live flight feed looks identical to what plays back later whether I download the chip into my Ipad or USB cable download it into windows from the gimbal camera. Something it telling me it's recording this way...

Hum, I am not saying your wrong, but I am saying I am right!:)
Anyways, My live feed is very poor compared to what is recorded to the SD card.
When you say Ipad and I have an Ipad 2, my playback is nice when I have set the P3S video camera settings to lowest quality.

Is your Ipad the first generation?
If so how to you get the video file onto it? If is the first generation I don't think it has enough processor to play it back correctly.
Save your video file save it to a memory stick / thumb drive, take it to a computer store or a friend that thinks he has a powerful computer. Prove us wrong.;)

Anybody chime in to help me out or tell me I am wrong. Also I need the specs of a Windows computer that would let me to play and edit the top resolution that the P3S can produce. Processor and Video card specs and ram, or point me to a thread.

Hum, I am not saying your wrong, but I am saying I am right!:)
Anyways, My live feed is very poor compared to what is recorded to the SD card.
When you say Ipad and I have an Ipad 2, my playback is nice when I have set the P3S video camera settings to lowest quality.

Is your Ipad the first generation?
If so how to you get the video file onto it? If is the first generation I don't think it has enough processor to play it back correctly.
Save your video file save it to a memory stick / thumb drive, take it to a computer store or a friend that thinks he has a powerful computer. Prove us wrong.;)

Anybody chime in to help me out or tell me I am wrong. Also I need the specs of a Windows computer that would let me to play and edit the top resolution that the P3S can produce. Processor and Video card specs and ram, or point me to a thread.

My Ipad is gen 4. I will try bringing the chip over to a friend who just bought a hot-rod Windows 10. Thanks for the help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik