Downloading Flyxxxx.dat info

Reaction score
OK, So I'm I've hooked up everything and my PC is happily downloading the various FLYXXX.DAT files. I have 2.7 GB of log and Windows thinks it's going to take a hour to download. That's pretty darn slow for a USB 2 link (Dell XPS 13, Windows 7).

Is that normal? Do I have to leave the bird on the entire time since it's just looking at an SD card?

I think next time I won't wait for quite a data collection.

OK, So I'm I've hooked up everything and my PC is happily downloading the various FLYXXX.DAT files. I have 2.7 GB of log and Windows thinks it's going to take a hour to download. That's pretty darn slow for a USB 2 link (Dell XPS 13, Windows 7).

Is that normal? Do I have to leave the bird on the entire time since it's just looking at an SD card?

I think next time I won't wait for quite a data collection.
The projected transfer time is just that, a projection. There is a good chance the time decreases once the xfer has a bigger window to sample throughput. And while that's slow for USB, we have no idea what the specs are for the internal SD card that stores these .DAT files... ie, the card could be the bottle neck. In any case, why are you bothering to transfer the .DAT files to your PC? For safe keeping or...?

The projected transfer time is just that, a projection. There is a good chance the time decreases once the xfer has a bigger window to sample throughput. And while that's slow for USB, we have no idea what the specs are for the internal SD card that stores these .DAT files... ie, the card could be the bottle neck. In any case, why are you bothering to transfer the .DAT files to your PC? For safe keeping or...?
Oh, I'm just playing with them. Prefer to have the files on the PC.

But it took nearly an hour to get all of those down to the PC - must be a slow link through the bird's internals. I'll probably try it on a Mac laptop next time. Maybe it's allergic to Windows....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl